Chapter Seventy: George's POV

Alright, this is the last I already have written. I have no idea about typos and whatnot, I didn't really check during this posting spree....

George's POV-

"Three missions?" I asked frowning. "They do realize we started this job yesterday, right?" Dhani sighed and passed out a file to each of us. 

"Yes, but it can't be helped at the moment considering the circumstances." Midge said opening a file all her own, "But it's three different missions that three people will be assigned to." 

Dhani looked down at the instructions he was given and frowned slightly, "Ollie should have stayed here." He took his phone out of the back pocket of his pants and contacted him as Midge went on to explain. 

"Three groups." She said closing her file, "George and Serena have been assigned to help protecting the island where all the AAL kids live." 

"I'll be going with you," Dhani said putting his phone away again, "John and Lilly will be going with Neal to Northern Ireland." Lilly made a face and shook her head. 

"What for?" She asked. I wasn't sure if she was protesting or not. "What about Valeri?" 

"Valeri will be going with you." Midge said gesturing to the file Lilly hadn't even opened, "You and John are going to a safe house in Ireland and Ollie is assigned to make sure you're alright. You're both basically being place in a Witness Protection situation." Lilly nodded and John was frowning as he read through his file. I assumed it said the same thing Lilly's did. 

"What about me?" Neal asked. He hadn't received a file, and Midge pursed her lips. 

"You and me are heading to Scotland to look for someone." She said, looking displeased with the mission she was assigned, "Well two people." 

"Who?" Serena asked. I knew she was just being nosie, but she also seemed genuinely interested. 

"Stryker," Midge sighed, "And someone who is suspected of harboring him called Agent Hallie Tyler." Neal's mouth dropped open and Serena and Lilly looked just has shocked. I missed something. 

"Well at least you're search has a new lead." Serena said, trying to help. Midge passed him the file she was given and he read through it. He didn't say another word as the meeting went on. 

"In the morning," Dhani said turning a page in his instructions. "George and Serena are with me to prepare for our departure and then we'll head out to take care of the kids." 

"How are we going to prepare?" Serena asked, setting her file down next to her. I was curious for the answer to this question as well. 

"Packing, loading up the helicopter, gathering weapons, and gathering a new supply of food for the island." Dhani explained, "I can train you with your powers while we're there in the evenings, but during the day we'll be taking care of security and lending an extra hand taking care of the kids." We both looked at Serena, volunteering her for that job. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. 

"Oh that's great fellas, thanks a lot." She said with a huff. Lilly laughed and put her hand on her friend's shoulder. 

"But you like kids." She insisted. Serena's eyes rolled once more and Ollie appeared suddenly at my side. 

"We'll be preparing tomorrow as well," He said seriously. 

"Nice of you to join us." Dhani said closing his file. John turned his attention to the man who was in charge of basically his life for the next month or so. 

"We'll be packing clothes, weapons, all the things one does to get ready for travelling," He said ignoring Dhani, "In Ireland, John you'll have a job working in a pub, and Lilly you'll just be the usual stay-at-home mom. We'll be living in a flat, but it's split up so you'll only ever see me in the hour of danger or if I'm out of food." Lilly laughed, but John didn't seem amused. 

"We can't possibly make enough money to live if I'm working in a pub." John said in distaste. I snickered and he glared at me. 

"AAL will be sending money for groceries weekly and they're paying the bills and the rent." Dhani said, injecting himself into the conversation, "The job at the pub is just for show, in case someone asks. And it gives you extra spending money for clothes, toys for Valeri, decorations, and so on." Lilly and John nodded slowly, understanding their situation. 

"You'll be keeping your phones," Midge said pulling her own out of her pocket, "and your weapons. You can use the phones for daily use, entertainment, what have you, but I'm warning you; the AAL monitors data usage and all calls made." 

"They don't listen in or anything," Ollie said quickly, "Just the names and numbers you're talking with." 

The brief feeling of violation I had been feeling went away and Serena and I glanced at each other. I hadn't really had any chance to use my phone, but I knew Serena used hers for games, music, and photos quite a lot. 

The meeting ended abruptly after that and Serena and I were headed back down to her room, crammed into the elevator with everyone else. I held onto her hand and her fingers tapped against my knuckles. 

"Rena," Lilly said leaning over to us, "Midge said there are shops and things in a sort of strip mall, do you want to come shopping with us tonight?" Serena grinned and nodded quickly.

"Yeah sure," She said. Lilly nodded and turned to tell Midge before she turned back to us.

"Midge has to go get her key card, so just meet us here in about ten minutes okay?" Lilly asked as we all exited the elevator. She nodded and we walked down the hall side by side. 

"Well that sounds fun." I said teasingly. She laughed as we stopped at her door. She opened it and grabbed her own key card and she strapped the knife she'd received to the inside of her leg under he pant-leg. 

"Should be." She said before she kissed my cheek quickly, "Find something to do while I'm gone okay?" I made a face at her and she pulled me out of her room. She locked the door behind her and I pecked her cheek back. 

"Be careful." I insisted. She rolled her eyes and headed down the hall back in the direction we'd come. 

I figured I'd get some sleep while I still could.