Chapter Thirty-Eight: Lilly's POV

Lilly's POV
I'd never been to the airport before. I'd never been on a plane before. Helicopter, sure, but plane? No. Once we'd reached the aiport, we all got out of the van. I watched Serena closely. There was something wrong. She had tear tracks on her cheeks and they weren't just from the little episode she and George had before we left. I expected her to hold onto Stryker and stick with him as much as possible, but once she was out of the car, she actually made a bee line for George. She grabbed his hand and seemed to feel better.
I looked at John and he shrugged. He didn't know what was going on either.
"Alright, this way." Stryker said grabbing Beatrice's hand. She looked like she'd rather hold George's hand, but Stryker didn't seem to care. Neal grabbed my hand and pulled me along. I grabbed John's arm and pulled him as George and Serena followed slowly behind us.
Are you OK? I looked back at John and he raised his eyebrows. I nodded to him and smiled.
Why?
Serena doesn't look too great.
I know. I looked back at her and she looked incredibly sad. Is it OK if i sit with her on the plane? I know you wanted to sit with me, but if I can get her to talk to me then you could listen in.
Alright. I'll sit with George. See if he knows.
"C'mon Lilly." Neal said smiling at me. I smiled back and Stryker led us out to a lot where this big plane was waiting for us.
"Alright, this is the plane we're taking." Stryker said stopping at the bottom of the stairs to board the plane. I sat down at a window seat and watched as the others sat down and walked by me. Neal started to sit next to me and I shook my head.
"I'm gonna sit next to Serena." I told him. I kissed his cheek quickly.
"Where am I gonna sit? We have an odd number." He complained. I scrunched my nose and looked at Beatrice.
"Go sit with Bea. She looks lonely." Neal looked over at Beatrice and walked over to her. He sat down next to her and they began talking.
What do you think he's telling her? John was sitting a couple seats in front of me and I couldn't see him. I could however, see out the window and Stryker was saying something to Serena and she didn't seem to like it.
What's George doing?
He's listening, but he won't tell me what Stryker is saying. John sounded annoyed, but I didn't say anything. Stryker and Serena boarded the plane and since Serena's only other option was to sit with Stryker, she smiled and sat next to me.
"Hey." She said, "What's up?"
"Not much. Same as you." I shrugged, "You OK?" Serena smiled and nodded. She paused and seemed to be listening. She nodded again and smiled stupidly. I laughed and rolled my eyes.
"What?" Serena asked frowning.
"Nothing," I sighed "You keep your secrets." Serena sighed and shook her head. I yawned and leaned against the window. As the plane took off I closed my eyes. I didn't wake up until we landed, but I had some awefly weird dreams.
I was sitting in the floor of a large living room. I was short. Really short, so maybe the room wasn't as large as I thought it was. There was a puppy dog lying next to me sleeping, and I kept poking him. He'd jump and look at me before he put his head down again and went back to sleep. Before I could do much else to the puppy, it jumped up and ran away. I turned around and found John running toward me. He plopped down and planted a wet kiss on my cheek.
Next I was walking home from school. I was alone and I sighed sadly. I didn't know why I was sad, but there I was. Walking alone. And sad. I felt myself sigh when suddenly a pair of arms were wrapped around me. I laughed and John kissed my cheek. I blushed wildly and I heard him laugh. He grabbed my hand and offered to walk me home. I let him of course, and he kissed my cheek again before he left.
Suddenly I was sitting on the front step of some house. It was familiar to me, but I didn't know why. I was waiting for John. When he showed up, I stood up. He said hello to me and I kissed his cheek. He interfered though. He turned his head and caught my lips. I got all tingly, and I blushed as he laughed at me. He had on his stupid glasses and he looked absolutely gorgeous. He grabbed my hands and pulled me up to him. He kissed me again and I kissed him back until it changed again.
I was running, but I didn't know where. John wouldn't tell me. He just kept hold on my hand, pulling me with him. We reached Strawberry Fields and he pulled me under a tree. He started to dance with me and he kept kissing me. Anyone who ever said John Lennon couldn't be romantic is wrong. He doesn't ever come off that way, but if he had a reason he could do it pretty dang well. John told me how much I meant to him; how much he loved me; how perfect I was. But that didn't last.
The dream changed and I was yelling. John was fighting some guy. I wanted them to stop, but I couldn't seem to do anthing but scream at them to stop. Neither of them listened. We were outside a club and I was freezing. John punched the guy, and he happened to stumble my direction. I was knocked back, but some other guy grabbed me. I looked up at at him ready to thank him, but he pulled out a knife and threatened to slit my throat if John didn't leave right then. I didn't know what to do. Obviously, John wasn't going to leave me there, so he charged, and then everything went black.
The next thing I saw was a white light. There was nothing. I knew I was dead. I was floating around in oblivion.
"Hey, Lilly!" Serena shook my shoulder and I gasped and sat up. I was sweaty and Serena looked worried about me. "Are you alright? You looked like you were having a nightmare." I looked at her and I didn't seem to be able to respond to her. I was speachless.
John!
"John!" I screamed. I stood up and no one was on the plan except Serena and me. I looked around frantically. "John!"
John, where are you!? I need you!
Serena looked about ready to panic. She looked toward the door and started to go get John when he appeared. He ran over to me and he knew what I'd dreamed. He was pale and he looked scared.
"What was that?" I asked starting to cry. "Why did I dream that?"
"I don't know, Lilly." He said shakily. "But we have to go. We'll figure out what it means when we get to a safe place."
My eyes got wide, "Safe?" I asked, looking out the window. Stryker was leading the rest of the group quickly toward a black car. I pulled my ring off my finger a bit and my vision went a bit fuzzy before I was looking through the black car. There was a big man inside holding a machine gun. "No!"
"No?" I pushed my ring back on and jumped up as John ran after me. "Lilly!"
"John, we can't go with that car." I said running off the plane.
"Why not?" John asked quickly. I ran to George and grabbed his arm.
"Stop!" I yelled. He grabbed Serena's hand and she stopped as well. Stryker was still heading for the car with Beatrice. "Stryker!" He stopped and looked at me like he was annoyed he was being stopped.
"What!?" He asked. I pointed to the car as another car suddenly pulled up and skidded to a stop between Stryker and the other black car. The window rolled down and Dhani Harrison stuck his head out.
"Get in!" He said quickly. Stryker looked extremely angry suddenly and he opened the back door. He shoved Beatrice in and we all followed quickly. I sat next to Neal and he raised his eyebrows at me.
"How'd you know that wasn't the right car?" He whispered. I held up my hand with my ring and smiled.
"I had a feeling." I said as John got in next to me. He put his arm around me and I looked out the window as we left the airport and drove to Friar Park. I'd never been there before. I knew how much Serena has wanted to go for so long, and I could only imagine how excited she was, even considering the circumstances. She was practically bouncing in her seat as we headed toward the Henley-on Thames mansion. I was actually pretty excited myself.
I heard Serena gasp as we pulled up to the driveway. I saw George puff out his chest, looking quite proud of himself. Stryker rolled his eyes and I heard Dhani chuckle. The front gates opened and we started pulling up the driveway. It was gorgeous.
As soon as we parked, Serena was out of the car, and at the very same instant, Paul came rushing outside. Beatrice got out and she ran up to him before anyone could speak another word. I smiled and got out of the car. Paul hugged Beatrice and he picked her up off the ground. He kissed her cheeks and carried her inside.
"Uh, people inside are waiting." Dhani said looking awkward. He glanced at his dad and George grinned.
"Right!" He said clapping Dhani on the shoulder. He walked passed Dhani and Serena followed him. Neal went on after them and Dhani just stood there.
"Hey, I'm Lilly." I said smiling at Dhani. He smiled back and nodded.
"Dhani." He said gently. He turned and walked inside. Stryker followed him grumbling about something, and I looked at John before we started to slowly follow them.
"I think Stryker's-" John stopped and loked around.
I think Stryker's gone bad.
What? I frowned and looked at him. Stryker looked rather angry, and I didn't see any reason for him to be, but so what?
He nearly put us in the wrong car. He even tried to get us in that car after you stopped him.
I didn't know what to think of his words. Had Stryker done that on purpose? Why would he do that? He wouldn't. Not to Serena. Not to us. Not when he's taken us so far already. John held this gaze on me for a long time and I sighed.
"Maybe."
That was all I could say to him before I walked ahead to catch up with Neal. I needed someone else to talk to for a while.