Chapter Fifty- Seven: Serena's POV

Serena's POV-
I changed clothes as quickly as I could, but there wasn't much to do about the smell. I put on some deoderant though. I caught my breath so not to seem obvious before I walked downstairs casually. I knew Midge was looking for me, so I tried not to make it obvious I was looking for her.
"Hey," I spun around when I made it into the kitchen, "Soph, can we talk?" I smiled at Midge and nodded.
"Yeah, okay, just let me get a drink." I said pulled a glass out of the cupboard. Midge nodded and shoved her hands into her pockets. I filled my glass with soda before I gestured for her to lead the way. She walked outside as rain started coming down hard. We sat on the porch swing together and I sipped at my straw as she sighed.
"You okay, Midge?" I asked looking over at her. She nodded as the group showed up, soaked. They laughed and talked as they all went inside. She waited until the door was closed to respond.
"Yeah," She said pulling her knees to her chest. "I just, no one trusts me here."
"I trust you." I said shrugging, "And, even though you two don't really like each other, Serena trusts you."
Midge scoffed, "Yeah she trusts me as far as she can throw me." She said rolling her eyes. I laughed and shook my head.
"No, she trusts you." I said sincerely, "Trust me, I know her pretty well."
"You two are close?" Midge asked looking at me. I nodded and smiled.
"Closer than you'd think." I said, "Anyways, is that all that's up?"
"Basically," She sighed, "Did you tell Dhani what I said?" I nodded and set my glass down.
"Yeah, but he said he's already keeping an eye on Stryker." I said shaking my head, "He said that he'd rather keep him here if he is working for Bellamy, that way he knows what his whereabouts are."
"But he's giving them information!" Midge cried, "He can't just ignore-"
"Midge, Stryker doesn't know anything about the things that're going on with us." I said, trying to calm her, "What damage can he do without any information?"
"But you don't understand, Sophie." She said shaking her head, "John and Lilly's baby could be in danger." I stopped and looked away from her.
What does that mean??
Shut up George.
"What?" I asked, "How could Valerie be in danger?"
"I don't know." She said standing up, "But Styker told me that since I came back so much has happened. He's giving the things that go on around her to Bellamy. If Bellamy finds out that John and Lilly have a baby - together - then she could be in trouble. I can't let her get hurt the way-" She stopped and closed her eyes.
"Midge," I said grabbing her wrist, "If you want people to trust you, you've got to open up more. I know there are things that are personal, but you-"
"Sophie, Bellamy took a lot from me when I was a prisoner in Missouri." She said sniffling, "He has this...machine that hurts, and now I can't use any power other than my telepathy. Even that's too weak to do much. I can't let that happen to anyone else." I nodded and tried to think.
"So you think that Valerie is in danger," I said slowly, "Midge you need to talk to Dhani yourself."
"I don't know what to say to him." She said shaking her head, "I can tease him when we play games like paintball, but over serious things like this, I can't speak."
When I first met Midge, she seemed to me just an arrogant, strong agent who didn't care about anyone or anything but the missions she was assigned. But she didn't dare care about anyone because she'd grown up having to keep everything about herself a secret. She'd probably never even had a friend in her life. That was why she'd been so close to Stryker. He was in a similiar situation, and he was around her age.
"Can I tell George?" I asked lightly, "He can help. He knows Dhani pretty well." Midge thought about it for a while and nodded.
"Yeah," She said, "And can you ask Lilly and John to keep a close eye on Valerie?" I nodded and got up. I squeezed her shoulder and she smiled.
"You know if you told them yourself they'd trust you a whole lot more." I said seriously, "They aren't that bad. They can be good friends too." Midge nodded and sighed.
"We better go in." She said as the wind started blowing rain up onto the porch. I grabbed my glass and we walked to the door. "And Serena," I turned to her, my eyes wide. She smirked and started to laugh, "Oh the look on your face, yeah I know its you." I sighed and changed my face back to normal.
"How'd you know?" I asked looking at my feet.
"Come on, a family friend of Ringo's? I was his body guard when I got caught." She said rolling her eyes, "Besides, you have paint on your forehead." She smiled and I absently touched my face.
"You aren't mad?" I asked worriedly. She shook her head and she put her arm around my shoulders.
"Nah, despite that you got between Stryker and me, he's a scum bag," She said scrunching her nose, "And you've been really nice to me, even if you were pretending to be someone else." I smiled and put my arm around her waist.
"I'm still gonna have to pretend for Stryker." I said seriously, "He thinks Sophie's real as far as I know, and if he sees us being friendly he's gonna get suspicious."
"Yeah, but he thinks I'm helping him." Midge said, "I'll just use it as an excuse to get information. Not that you've given me any." I shrugged and I changed my face back.
"Let's get inside." I said. We walked in together and Stryker met us at the door.
"Oh, there you are Sophie!" He said, "I was looking for you! Won't you come with me?" He grabbed my arm before I could protest. I gave a look to Midge and she looked scared. Maybe he'd heard everything.
I can see, Rena, I'm on my way to Dhani. He won't get the chance to hurt you.