Chapter Twenty-Four: Lilly's POV

Lilly's POV-
"Where are we going?" I asked stumbling and falling once again. Neal grabbed my hand and lifted me up off the floor before we turned another corner.
"We're getting out of here." Neal said cautiously watching for anyone who would see us. We'd been walking and skipping around corners for what felt like hours, when in reality it was probably only a few minutes.
"What else would we be doing?" Midge asked. The longer Midge was around I found myself disliking her. I froze and Neal ended up jerking my arm, since he was still holding my hand.
"No!" I said a little too loudly, "We have to save my friends and my sister!"
"We can't!" Midge said rolling her eyes, which I noticed were a deep dark brown color.
"Why?" I asked becoming angry. "We can't just leave them here."
"We don't have time." Neal said apologetically, "Really Lilly, I can't get you and Midge out if we stop and look for your friends."
"But they're here to find me and George and Beatrice!" I protested, "We can't leave them here either!" Midge looked like she was caught in a bind.
"She's right. We need to get George out of here if anyone." She said looking at Neal. "You have to take us to him." Neal nodded and retook my hand in his before he pulled us to a flight of stairs and down to the second floor. We went around several more corners until we saw people peaking around a far corner.
Neal shoved us against the wall and stood out in the open, "Who's there?" He asked in an official sounding voice, making him sound much older than he looked. No one answered and he pulled out a gun from his hip. I didn't know he had that. "Come out or I'll shoot." Neal threatened. Suddenly Stryker showed his face with his hands in the air. He'd evidently seen Midge and me.
"Stay calm will ya?" Stryker said. I heard Midge gasp and Stryker looked at her like he'd found something he hadn't had in a very long time. "Midge." He breathed. He took a step closer and Neal aimed his gun again.
"Stay where you are." Neal said, sounding much more himself than he did before. He sounded young and scared.
"No, Neal that's Stryker." Midge said, "He's OK." Neal glanced at me and I nodded before he lowered his gun and Stryker ran to Midge. He grabbed her and he held her to him while she just collapsed into him. It looked like so much weight had been lifted from her shoulders just from seeing him.
"We need to go," Neal said suddenly as his earpeice chattered, "There are guards coming on their way to deal with six intruders. I'm gonna guess that's your friends."
Stryker looked mad.
"They didn't follow the plan!" He said letting go of Midge and grabbing his hair and pulling lightly, "God, things like this wouldn't happen if people followed the plan!" He kicked the wall and I raised my eyebrows.
"Well whatever, we have to help them." I said quickly, "Beatrice is with them and I promised her nothing would happen to her." Stryker stopped and looked at me suddenly.
"Let's go." He said quickly. we walked downt the hall and around more corners and through a few rooms until we ran right into Cindy and Lina. I gasped and Grabbed Cindy.
"You're OK!" I said, glad my sister was still alive. I was the only one glad to see them. Stryker seemed to suddenly understand something and Neal was pointing his gun at Lina's chest.
"Lilly back up." Neal said as I turned to look at them. I shook my head.
"No! It's my sister!" I protested loudly. "What are you doing, Neal!?"
"Lilly move!" Neal said before he took a shot at Lina. She collapsed on the ground and I screamed. Neal just shot one of my best friends! I started to move over to her, but Cindy grabbed me by the arm and put me in a painful head lock, using me as some kind of shield.
"Damn it Lilly!" Midge cursed spinning in a circle, "Can't you do what you're told!"
"Let her go!" Neal said ignoring Midge.
"Oh you'll pay," Cindy said with that smug smirk on her face that I hated so much. "I'll tell Mr. Bellamy what you're doing and then you won't make it out of the state, that is if you make it out of the building." Neal gulped and looked seriously scared. I whimpered as Cindy tightened her grip on me.
"Cindy, let me go." I pleaded.
"Oh get over yourself, Kid." Cindy said harshly, "I'm not your whimpy sister, and I never was." I was confused.
"She's a dopple," Stryker said. I saw Midge creeping around us as if she was gonna surprise Cindy from behind as Stryker spoke, "She's been imitating your sister for who knows how long. I didn't notice because it was before I met you."
"And Lina?" I asked with a gulp. How did I never notice that this wasn't my sister? Where was my real sister?
"Lina too." Stryker said, "And I walked right into the trap Bellamy was seting!"
"You've failed, Stryker." Cindy sneered. There was a sudden explosion and I came tumbling to the floor with another scream. What was that. I sat up and looked around. Stryker was on his feet and Cindy was quickly getting up. I saw Midge collapsed on the floor still and Neal was sprawled where he'd been standing completely unconscious. I crawled over to him and grabbed his arm.
"Neal wake up!" I said shaking him. He didn't move. What caused that explosion? I looked up and saw Stryker fighting Cindy who was actaully standing her ground quite well. Midge was still lying on the floor. I picked up Neal's gun and pointed it at Cindy. I had to shoot her, but she looked like my sister and I felt like I'd be shooting my sister if I pulled the trigger. I tried to convince myself I wasn't shooting because I might hit Stryker, but I knew I wouldn't be able to shoot someone, whether it was my sister or not. Suddenly a hand moved over mine and I looked over. It wasn't Neal's hand, and as I followed the arm up to the shoulders I was relieved to see John giving me a conforting look.
"Who's this?" He asked me. I shook my head.
"I don't really know. He's called Neal and he was helping us escape." I said quickly, "John we have to help him!" John looked from me to Neal and then back at me.
"I don't know if we can." He said putting his ear to Neal's chest. "His heart's beating, but I don't know what's wrong with him." John put his hands on either side of Neal's head and Neal gasped and his eyes opened.
"Neal!" I exclaimed as he sat up. I wrapped my arms around him and closed my eyes. "You're OK." I whispered. He pulled me back and smiled. I smiled back and John cleared his throat before we were quickly brought back to reality. I saw Stryker still fighting off Cindy with Midge still lying in the floor across the room. I saw Serena and felt relieved as she, Beatrice, and George walked across the room to help Midge if they could. Whatever John did helped Neal, so I figured he could help them. I got up and pulled John with me over to Midge.
"Do what you just did to Ne-" I didn't have to finished. George touched Midge's face and she gasped and coughed as she regained consciousness. My eyes got wide. What was up with this? How could John and George bring people out of their commatose state? We had somethings to talk about most definitely.
"Can I get a little help here!?" I heard Stryker called as Cindy hit him in the stomach, causing him to double over in pain. Serena's eyes got wide and she watched and winced everytime Cindy hit Stryker. She also looked confused.
George and John rushed in to help with the fight while Serena and I tried to protect Beatrice. There was another gun shot that sounded from the corner and Cindy dropped to the floor. I screamed. It was phisically painful to see that. I looked over and saw Neal standing there panting holding the gun. He'd shot Cindy. Not the real Cindy of course, but it was a very good illusion of the real thing.
"We really need to get out of here." Serena said. I agreed and on we went.