My Life, My Secrets, My Story Part 60

Kinda short, sorry! The next one will be longer, because it's their journey to the healers to fix Alex. Be on pins and needles for this!!! 

Part 60

We got out of the car, with Suzy holding my hand, and Sam holding Alec’s hand, with me holding Alec’s other hand. People started looking in our direction, as if we had four heads. We, meaning me and Alec, the kids didn’t notice a thing, chose to ignore it, because we didn’t care what people thought about us.

“They look way too young to be parents.” One person we passed by whispered.

Parents? Who are they talking about?

“Don’t you ever have kids at such a young age!” One woman, a mom I presume, whispered to her daughter.

Then it clicked. Like a “Eureka!” moment. They all thought that Sam and Suzy were our kids! I blushed at the thought and Alec seemed to catch on soon after.

“Do they look like our kids?” I asked Alec.

Alec stared at Suzy and Sam for a minute, speculating, while they were oblivious to whatever was going on around them.

“Yeah, they really do.” Alec spoke thoughtfully.

That made me blush beet red. His thoughtful tone made it seem like he was thinking about our future, with possible kids, which he probably was doing. He looked towards me and smiled happily, as if he’d had the worlds best and happiest thought. I didn’t want to intrude in his mind, like he did mine, so I had no idea what he was thinking.

We just walked around the store after that, window shopping, the kids would occasionally be surprised by something and want to stay longer, since we were in no rush, we let them wander around, still holding our hand though.

We came to one store, a toy story, where the kids just didn’t want to leave; they wanted to stay there forever. I remember feeling like that as a kid, so I made a compromise with them.

“You guys can choose one toy, any toy of your choice, and I’ll buy it for you.” I told them.

“Yay!!!” They cheered.

“But,” I interjected, “we have to go home after that.”

“Ok!” They agreed immediately.

They ran off to find something they wanted, pulling us along, eagerly. We laughed, letting them lead us around.

After a lot of searching and playing around, we finally found something for both of them. Suzy got a little doll; it was porcelain, small, and cute, it was absolutely perfect for Suzy. Sam got an action figure; it wasn’t like batman or superman, but it had a green cape, blue tights and turquoise top, with greenish bluish gloves and boots, it was practically made for him.

Alec leaned my way a little, probably to tell me something.

“And what do you want, baby girl?” he asked.

The question surprised me. What did I want? I had no idea. What did I want? That question boggled my mind.

“What do I want?” I asked looking up at him.

“Yeah, there’s got to be something you want, right?”

Alex made it seem like it was that simple, to want something. I wonder what he wanted.

“What do you want?” I asked him.

Alex didn’t hesitate one bit, he answered immediately, with such confidence that it baffled me.

“You,” he said in a ‘duh’ kind of way, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I was stuck in a daze after that, all the way back to pack house. I really had no clue what I wanted. Not knowing what you want is the same as walking on earth with no purpose. Am I really that pathetic, that I have no purpose anymore?

I felt the car stop, and heard the kids run out of the car screaming about their new toys. I felt Alec shift over to look at me, lifting my chin up to look at him. That’s when I snapped out of my trance.

“You’ve got a purpose. You’re supposed to save the world, make sure that nothing goes wrong around the world.” Alec reminded me.

“That was a duty sprung upon me, I didn’t even want it. It doesn’t count.” I told him.

“Then what about a mate. You’re my mate, isn’t that a purpose.” He corrected.

“That’s not what I meant.” I told him, moving his hand away.

I quickly got out of the car to go inside, knowing I’d hurt him. I didn’t mean to, but I was so confused, not even Alec could help me here.

“What is a purpose, Alex?” Alec asked, catching up to me.

“A purpose is a reason for living. Any reason for living and something you’d die for.” I told him, solidly.

“Aren’t I a reason for living? Wouldn’t you live for me and die for me? I know you’re my reason for living and I would die for you.” Alec told me, confidently.

I couldn’t really answer to that. I didn’t know if he was my reason for living, I wasn’t even sure I had one. I was just a walking soul, with no real purpose I guess. He could tell he was getting nowhere

“Alex, you love me, right?” he asked.

“Yeah, Alec, you know that.” I replied.

“You want to keep loving me, right?” he continued to inquire.

“Yes…” I answered, hesitant, because I didn’t know what he was up to.

“And you wanted to stay with me forever, right?” he asked lastly.

“Yeah, forever and ever.” I answered, confident this time.

“Then you know what you want.” He said, confidently.

“What is that, then?” I asked, curious.

“Me!” He said, sort of conceitedly.

I laughed at that one, but maybe he was right, I just didn’t know it yet. He could be the one, which I know sounds cheesy, but it’s true.

“Fine, can we go inside now. We’ve got a long day tomorrow.” I told him.

Without anymore words to each other, we changed in our separate rooms and went to Alec’s room.

“We’ll fix you, Alex. I promise. I’m not going to lose you, or the pack.” Alec declared.

I sighed, but said nothing in return. It wouldn’t be too bad if I died, because then everything would be solved.

“Nothing would be solved if you died nothing.” Alec answered, angrily.

I didn’t reply, which caused Alec to sigh. Everything was turning bad again, that’s how we worked, after the problem was solved, we would be happy for a while, then everything would go downhill like always and it would repeat. It was starting to really depress me!!! I mean, can nothing go right for us, for once?!?!?!

“It’s already too late. Get some sleep.” Alec said, softly stroking my hair.

I drifted off to sleep, only because Alec was here. 

*******************

Kinda boring, sorry! Be on pins and needles for the next one, cuz it's gonna be good :D L8rs :D