My Life, My Secrets, My Story Part 12

Part 12

Alec's POV

"Brendan, Oscar, what's wrong now!" I said, and asked, kind of.

"She's not my mate." Brendan said, sad.

"What?" I said, not understanding.

"Poor guy, can't even form a sentence. I'll explain." Oscar picked up for him.

"Be my guest." I said, figuratively.

"Claire was upset when he got there, and she said that they can't be mates. Because they're still aging, apparently, they'd been having lots of fights about this, so they went to go see Zane. Zane told them he thought they were not mates, because he'd never seen anyone that didn't stop aging, when they found their mates. And Pam had also once told them, that she didn't think they were mates either. So with the logic there and the fact that their feelings were fading, they decided they were not mates. So they broke up." Oscar explained, detailed.

Oh! Wow! Great more on my plate to handle.

"But you guys are still friends, right? I mean it's not like you hate each other, right?"

"No, they’re still friends, but he's in shock, you know, finding out your supposed mate isn't actually your mates, and you've just spent 4 years thinking you know but you actually don't." Oscar explained further.

I nodded, understanding more than before. But I had not experienced it so I didn't fully understand.

"Well, Brendan I can only say this, I'm sorry, and that whoever your mate is, I'm sure she's wonderful, and lovely." I said, for once knowing the right thing to say.

He and Oscar looked up at me, surprised and happy. If it's these guys, then I know anything and everything about them. And I usually don't know the right thing to say, but with these guys it comes to me naturally.

"Thanks man that actually helped." Brendan said, with sincerity.

I nodded, glad that was one good thing that had happened today.

Suddenly I feel tired, from today’s events. It's about 11pm right now, and today just took all the energy out of me.

"Alright! I'm tired, and going to bed, you guys staying here, or going home?" I asked.

Nobody in the pack had a problem with another wolf staying at a different room because they knew they weren't that far away. We were like a one big family. I considered Brendan and Oscar, and every other boy wolf in our pack, my brothers and every girl in this pack, my sister. They did have some of my blood in them though, like a small, insignificant part.

I would do anything and everything to protect them, they are the most important people in my life, my pack.

"We're staying." they decided, together.

They went to their rooms, right next to mine, to get their stuff and tell their family. Oscar has a little sister too Penelope, Pen, or Penny, for short. And Brendan has a little brother and sister, Jacob, Jake, J, or JJ for short, and Samantha, Sam, or Sammy for short. Brendan is older than Jake by 2 years, Jake is older than Sam by 2 years. Jake's 16 and Sammy is 14, like Penny, Lauren, and Pam, their all good friends like Brendan, Oscar, and Me, Jake and Ty are also good buddies, it's like a circle, almost.

I set out blankets and pillows for them in my room and waited, in 5 minutes they were back.

See Alpha, Beta, and Omega get the first floor if the house or the second floor since the first floor is for living in. Then everyone else decides where they want to be. It was very hectic when we first got here, ugh. I don't want to remember.