My Life, My Secrets, My Story Part 75

Part 75

Alec’s POV

She was under a lot of stress, pressure, worry and what not. I knew that, but when she started hiding herself in her room, it hurt me. I felt as if she had given up, which I just couldn’t let her do. I had to show her how much we all believed in her.

I knew they were all hiding something from us, and when Alex had asked, it confirmed my suspicions. I knew that, whatever they were hiding was for Alex’s benefit on her birthday, so I wasn’t going to pry. I think they might have a plan that, in case Alex turns evil, will save her and turn her good again, so I definitely didn’t want to find out, because if I knew, then it would be hard to keep it from Alex and if Alex knew, then it wouldn’t work.

After Alex had come downstairs, we had made her, well maybe forced her, to eat some breakfast, to which she was incompliant, but we got her to eat something anyway.

“There! Now that wasn’t so bad was it?” I teased her as she finished eating her cereal.

She glared at me but I knew she wasn’t mad, or not that mad anyway. After breakfast though, all of us had been playing around and joking like we usually did.

It was only 3 more days till her birthday, and we were all a bit (a lot) high strung. It made me wonder how we would be, (especially Alex) when her birthday was only hours away. I shuddered at the thought of all of us on high nerves. It didn’t sound very pleasant at all. I forced those that’s out of my head, and went back to the present, where everyone was chatting, happily.

I could tell Alex’s previous worries had been erased, now that I had shown her that everyone didn’t expect the world from her. I smiled at her, but she was too busy chatting with Olive and Bells to notice.

“Hey Alec, did you hear what I said?” Brendan’s voice broke me out of my thoughts.

“No dude, sorry.” I apologized.

He followed my gaze to Alex and smiled knowingly. I smirked at him, and asked to repeat what he was telling me before.

“Oh I was just saying that don’t worry. We’ve got your back.” He said, smiling at me.

“You and Oscar always have my back. I never have to worry about that. What should I be worried about though?” I said and asked.

“About Alex’s birthday, whatever happens, we’ve got your back so don’t worry.” Oscar explained.

“Oh I’m not worried on bit. I know how this is going to play out. I know what’s going to happen. I’ve already anticipated everything.” I said, arrogantly.

Ok, so that was a lie, and they both knew it but that was what I always use to calm everyone down, act like I knew what to do. I reassured all of us when we were in hard times. They smiled at me and it felt like we were back in old times when all we had to worry about was the pack. I missed those times, but I was glad with these times too because I had Alex by my side, which made everything 10x better.

“Yeah, we’re back dude!!” Brendan yelled.

“Just like old times, bro!!” Oscar said, afterwards.

“You know it, guys!” I yelled after them.

We had caused all the attention to go to us, as we riled each other up.

“What was that about?” Bells asked, curious.

“Yeah, I’ve never seen you guys so pumped for something.” Olive commented.