My Life, My Secrets, My Story Part 28

Part 28

This is the real Alex. This is what she's been through.

**********

Alec's POV

"I always knew I wasn't normal. I just didn't know what I was. I just knew I wasn't regular. There was something wrong with me, something different. I didn't know what, though. In pre-school, I never really played with the other kids. I would sit alone, by myself. I didn't really do anything different, but I was smarter than everyone else. I could read and write at the age of three. I could speak perfectly at the one year old. I never said or spelled a word wrong or differently. In elementary school, the teachers would always praise me, but they looked scared, for some reason. I don't know why." she started off with the first years of her life.

"When I was 5 and had just started school I was alone. Always alone. Always. No one would talk to me. They all treated me like a freak, which I am, even back then. I was always a freak. I came home crying, one day, because a guy at my school had said I was ugly, and had laughed at me, then the whole class and the teacher had to shut them up. I told them how I was always alone, and Stephanie and John had said that they'd always be there, and that I was never alone with all these people around me. They promised that they'd be there for me. No matter what. Well that was all bull. You don't have to be alone to feel alone."

She started crying and sobbing. She hid her face into my chest. The rain started again too and it started thundering, and lightning.

I felt her pain, it burned. It hurt like a punch in the gut every second. It hurt like peeling a scab open over and over, never letting it heal. It hurt so much. This was the pain she kept since she was little and I can't even handle it for a minute.

"At the end of first grade, we moved, to our current house. Stephanie and John had said it was because all our family lived there. That's when I met Bells and Olive. They were my age. We got along together really good. I wanted to go to school with them but I was enrolled at the different school. Thats when I met guy number 1." she continued.

Guy number 1?! What?! I thought.

She heard my thoughts and smiled but it was a sad smile, filled with pain. What did he do to her?!

"The first day, we were really good friends. I didn't really play with anyone but him. I was happy, for the first time. When I got home, that day, I found out he lived next door. After that we became in separable. He and I would play, talk, and eat together. Our parents would let us stay over at each others house, for a while. It went like this for some time till about the end of the year. We got into a fight."

"Even to this day, I still don't remember what it was about! I racked my brain, trying and trying to figure it out, but I never did. I still don't know! I won't ever know." she sobbed and sobbed.

"Alex! Stop! That's enough for one day! You don't have to tell me it all!" I told her, wanting to stop her pain.

"No. I can't. I have to tell you now. I started and now I can't stop. You wanted to know. Sorry." she said, sadly.

This pain is indescribable! How does she do it?! It's ripping me apart, it hurts that much. I can't take it! She continued, torturing herself.

"We didn't talk to each other for a very long time. I missed him, I'd grown attached to him. For the first time, I'd let someone in to my heart. And you know what he does?!"

"He breaks me. He broke me, so hard I couldn't do anything but cry for the first couple of days he was gone. He moved. He sat me down one day and told me he was moving. He said good bye and just got up and left. I tried to talk to him, but the next day, he didn't come to school. He wasn't at home either. Days went by and then Stephanie told me he had moved. He moved. He left. That was it."