Chapter 16

Jon wanted to take Kaylee out to dinner for letting him stay with her while Joe was off.

Jon "You look a little distracted, whats going on?"

Kaylee "Just stressing over work and the fact that I've been feeling like crap the past few days."

Jon "We're at dinner, so no work talk okay?"

Kaylee "Okay......Can I ask you for some advice?"

Jon "Lay it on me."

Kaylee "There's this guy back in CT that I've know for a while now. We've talked a lot and went on a couple of dates.......before I started traveling. He wants us to be a couple but.......I feel its too soon."

Jon "Do you like this guy?"

Kaylee "I mean, he's been really sweet to me and he's attractive"

Jon "Do you have feelings for him? Is he someone you can see yourself with?"

Kaylee "Honestly......no."

Jon "Then you have your answer."

Kaylee "But he's a really great guy and a good friend."

Jon "If you dont have feelings for him, why are you going to be with him?"

Kaylee "I dont know. Maybe I'm distracted because I have feelings for someone else."

When Kaylee said that Jon was hoping the guy she has feelings for is him.

Jon "You do?"

Kaylee "Yeah, this guy back home in L.A. I've had a crush on him for a while now."

Jon "Why dont you ask him out on a date?"

Kaylee "His girlfriend recently broke up with him and I dont want to be a rebound. That's if he sees me as someone other than a friend."

Jon "You shouldn't stress about these clowns. You are a beautiful, smart, funny, strong and caring girl. I'm sure you have guys lined up around the block for you."

Kaylee "Yeah, I had to hire security to keep them all away."

Jon "And you're sarcastic. Seriously Kaylee, you're incredible! If they can't see that, then they're idiots."

Kaylee smiling "Thanks Jon."

Jon "Look at me giving out relationship advice."

Kaylee laughing "I didnt see that coming."

Jon "Are you still going to come to the Philly show?"

Kaylee "Yup."

Jon raising his glass to Kaylee "Here's to a great week hanging out with my new best friend!"

Kaylee with a smile "That's me, every guy's best friend."

...............................................

HOTEL GYM

Joe "How was it with Kaylee?"

Jon "It was good, she's pretty amazing."

Joe "Are you finally ready to admit you have feelings for her?"

Jon "Even if I did, she's into someone else."

Joe "Who?"

Jon "There's a guy in CT that apparently wants to date her but she doesnt like him. And theres a guy in L.A. that she's liked for a couple of years or something but his girlfriend just broke up with him so she doesnt want to be his rebound."