Chapter 18

Jon "It's been a month, she should have been back by now. There has to be more to her story. Have you talked to her?"

Joe "Not since last week. Her answers are very short."

Jon "I'm gonna go talk to Steph to see if she knows whats going on."

Jon was worried about Kaylee. He thought it was weird that she hasn't returned to work or hasn't talked to anyone.

STEPH'S OFFICE

Jon "Steph can I talk to you for a second?"

Steph "Sure Jon, take a seat. Whats on your mind."

Jon "Have you talked to Kaylee?"

Steph "I have"

Jon "Did she say when she was coming back? I've called and texted her but she never answers. What the hell is going on?"

Steph "She really needed to be around her family. That's all I can say.............and......"

Jon "And what?"

Steph "There's a good chance she won't be returning."

Jon "What?! No, she has to come back. You can't let her leave, this is what she's always wanted."

Steph "Trust me Jon, Ive talked to her about that. She is an excellent employee and she's my friend. I would hate to see her go but there's really nothing I can do."

Jon "There's gotta be something. Maybe I can go to her house and talk to her since she won't answer my calls."

Steph "You really care about her dont you?"

Jon "She's my friend."

Steph "Thats all you see her as, your friend?"

Jon "Is it that obvious?"

Steph smiling "Yes."

Jon "Do you have her parent's address? I'm going to go get her."

Steph "I do have her parent's address but unfortunately I can't give that information out to you."

Jon "Steph, please."

Steph typing on her computer "I'm sorry Jon, I can't do that."

Jon "How am I suppose to bring her back if I dont know where she lives?"

Steph "I dont know Jon, you're just going to have to figure that out on your own."

Jon put his head down

Steph getting up from her desk "I'm going to step outside for a few minutes and leaving my computer on. When I come back in 5 minutes I expect you to not be here. Am I clear?"

Jon smiling "Yes."

Steph walked outside. Jon quickly ran behind her desk and saw that Steph left open a file on her computer with the address to Kaylee's parent's house. He wrote it down and left her office.

Jon to Joe "I'm gonna go get her after the show tonight."

Joe "Are you going to tell her how you feel?"

Jon "I dont know, it depends on what her situation is."

Joe "Go get your girl bro."

...................................................................

LOS ANGELES CA

Jon took the red eye from Phoenix, Az to Los Angeles. Once he woke up, he left his hotel and headed straight for Kaylee's parent's house. When he got there he waited in his car for a few minutes trying to figure out if he was ready to tell Kaylee how he feels. Jon received a text from Renee, it was a nude photo of her saying "Missing you." Jon looked up and saw Kaylee walking out of her house. Jon got out of the car and approached her.