Chapter 44

It was the day before wrestlemania and the girls were going shopping for their dresses.

BRIDAL SHOP

Kaylee was irritated with Tori after what happened the night before.

Tori "About last night...."

Kaylee "Tori, please, not right now. I just want to enjoy this moment with my family and friends. I want to pretend last night didnt happen, at least for a few hours. Okay?"

Tori "Sure."

Kaylee was trying on dress for 20 minutes when she found "the one."

Kaylee stepped out in an ivory Organza ball gown. It had lace and beading with a sweetheart top.

Kaylee "I think this is the dress."

Tori getting choked up "You look like a princess! Jon is going to cry his eyes out when he sees you."

Her family and friends cried with tears of happiness. They all shouted "Say yes to the dress. Say yes to the dress."

Kaylee with a big smile took one last look at herself in the mirror with the dress and said "I'm saying yes to the dress!"

The bridal shop employee rang a bell as her family and friends cheered

Kaylee crying "Is it August yet?"

....................................................................

JUNE

Jon was on his way to Japan for a couple of shows while Kaylee stayed behind to finish wedding details. As Kaylee was looking over the guest list it made her sad knowing Jon didnt have any blood relatives on there. She was grateful for the friendships he had because they treated Jon like family. She felt as if she had to make one last attempt to get in touch with his mom and invite her to the wedding. She hopped on a plane to Cincinnati, Ohio to see if she can convince Jon's mom to come to the wedding.

OHIO

Kaylee was standing in from of Jon's mom's house trying to find the courage to go ring the doorbell. As she made her way to the door Jon's mom Pam opened the door.

Pam "Kaylee?"

Kaylee "Hi Pam how are you?"

Pam confused "I'm fine, where's Jon?"

Kaylee "He's in Japan."

Pam "Then why are you here?"

Kaylee handing Pam an invite "I wanted to give this to you in person."

Pam looking at the invite "Does Jon know you're here?"

Kaylee "No."

Pam "I'm not going."

Kaylee "Why not?"

Pam "Because I dont want to. Look Kaylee I have to go if you'll excuse me."

Kaylee getting in front of Pam "Because I dont want to is not an answer. Your son wants you there and needs you."

Pam "My son is doing fine without me in his life."

Kaylee "How can you do that to him? How can a mother be so cold to her son?"

Pam "Letting him go was the best thing I ever did for him. He has a successful career, he found the love of his life and he's not an addict. I made the right decision."

Kaylee "Please Pam, just this once, be there for your son. Please."

Pam "Thank you for the invite Kaylee. I wish you and Jon all the best."

Kaylee "I'm going to send you a plane ticket and money to buy a dress. I know you'll make the right decision."

Pam "Save your money sweetheart."

.........................................................................

JAPAN

Jon and Joe were having drinks in the hotel bar

Joe "In 2 months you'll be a married man. I gotta be honest with you dog, I never thought you'd be the one getting married."

Jon "Me neither."

Joe "How are you feeling?"

Jon "Anxious. I'm so excited for Kay to be my wife. I told her I want to have kids right away."

Joe "Can you imagine Mox as a father? Aint that something?"

Jon "Mox was a confused broken kid. Kaylee saved him."

Joe "She sure did. I'm so proud of you brother. For the man that you have become."

Jon "Thanks Joe!"

Female voice "Well well, if it isn't my two favorite boys."

Jon "What are you doing here Renee?"

Joe "Haven't you done enough?"

Renee "A girl can't come say hi to her old lover and his friend."

Jon "I'm outta here, I'm not dealing with this shit."

Renee pulling Jon back to his seat "Relax, I really did just stop to say hi and congratulations Jon. I'm really happy for you and Kaylee."

Jon "Get out of here."

Renee "I'm serious. She did what I was never able to do, capture your heart. She's a good woman, so dont be an idiot and screw it up."

Joe "Wow Renee, that seemed sincere."

Renee looking at Jon "I mean it. I'm happy for you Jon. I'm glad someone showed you what it means to love and to be loved."

Jon "Thanks Renee."

Renee "No problem. Come here."

Renee hugged Jon, at first he didnt do anything but eventually gave her a pat on the back.

Renee "Maybe I'll see you two around. Bye."

Joe "I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. I'm divorced, dealing with girl drama, Renee was sweet and you're getting married."

Jon laughing "It is strange isn't it?"

Joe and Jon drank one last beer before heading back to their room.