Chapter Two

Before I could realize what was happening, Rameez grabbed my arm and pulled me in an empty class.

'What the hell just happened in there? He spat angrily.

'How would I know?'

'Back out! Hear me? Back out!!'

'Why should I back out, you back out.'

'Wait a minute, why are you jocks involved in this competition?' He actually had the nerve to laugh at me. 'You don't know the rules but you want to take part. Every year two popular groups from each school will be sent to represent their school in this competition.'

How could I forget? If anyone was popular here...it was only Rameez and his group of friends.

'But I don't understand how on earth are you nerds popular?'

'Read the newspaper idiot, we maybe nerds but always make the school proud.'

I didn't realize how close we were standing so I took two steps back.

'Now if you are done, may I please leave?' I was about to open the door when he pulled me back and stood against the door.

'I'm not done.'

'But I am'

'Did I ask you?'

I was tired and the last thing I needed was to have an argument with him. I sighed and replied tiredly. 'What do you want Rameez?'

'This wedding drama?We need to talk about it. The wedding is coming closer and there's no way I'd want anyone to find out the relationship we share.'

'How's your granny doing?'

'She's been doing well lately.'

'So as soon as she can bear the truth, we will tell it to her. Stop this wedding, and as for me and you... The only option would be...'

He ran a hand through his hair. 'Do you think our parents would allow it?'

'I don't know! But they both know that we done this nikaah unwillingly. And not to forget, they both know our hatred to each other.' For second I thought I saw a pained look on his face but as soon as he opened his mouth that thought disappeared faster than it appeared.

'Yeah and also the fact that I can't stand your face!'

'Can I leave now?'

'Go? Am I stopping you?'

'No, but you blocking the exit giraffe!'

Okay so he was tall, not that tall but compared to me he was. That made him move out and I made my way out.

While walking home I couldn't help but wonder how life changed these past two weeks. From being a single girl to now a married woman. For heavens sake...I was only 18.

Rameez Ebrahim the son of Moosa and Kulsum Ebrahim. Unlike him , his parents were sweet. They also happen to be my parents close friends for ages now. Rameez and I were also inseparable once, but as we started growing up we found new friends, new interests and somehow between this and that. The innocent friendship was replaced with hatred, fights and plans to murder one another. How it started, was a question to all. Our parent's tried to end it but with no luck.

Rameez's granny who now was fighting for her life adored me. Most probably loved me more than Rameez.(I have that effect on people :p) When we were kids she always said ,she wants me to marry Rameez. Obviously at that time I was trilled but little did I know she really meant it.

Two weeks ago I came back from school to find Rameez, his parents and granny sitting in the lounge awaiting me. When I heard about the proposal I was shocked, the first thing I uttered was a no but then I was told that his granny was dying and her 'last wish' was to see us two married to each other .

Her doctor said the best thing would be to listen to her . Any stress would just make her heart more weak.

No one knew for how long she'd live so the nikaah was held two days later with just close family. Our condition was that no one would find about this nikaah till we were ready to announce it.

Obviously the parents gave us time till school was officially over for us. That was in a months time. Two weeks after our trip to New York.

Rameez may sound as a player but for as long as I know him he never dated a girl. He also read his 5 times Salaah on time. No I don't stalk him, but when you have to see every second weekend, you take notice of such things.

The rest is history and now I'm Rameez Ebrahim's wife.

I finally reached home after my 20 minute walk and when I rang the bell I was in for a shock. Rameez's mother opening the door?

I turned around , taking in my surroundings. Nope , I'm sure this is my house.

What are they doing here on a weekday???