Chapter Seven

The past two weeks flew by so quickly that now it was time to leave for New York. Everyday during these two weeks were no different than my second day here. Rameez and I pretended to a happy couple in front of Dadi but behind doors we were ready to kill the one another.

Somedays our fights would be so intense that I'd walk out of the room and go sleep with Dadi giving her some sort of excuse or the other.

After that incident in the car, I got my brother to pick me up and take me to school. Maseeha and Uzair's names were never mentioned again. Part of me still wanted to know why Rameez blamed me.

Did he like Maseeha too?

No one knows why and when they left but I did my duty and tried to contact them but they changed all their numbers. I was left wondering if they moved out of the country...

Memories come and go but that day is one memory I will never forget.. A memory that now had grown to be a part of me.

Flashback
It was one bright morning and I absolutely adored sunny mornings. I was always the first one to rise. That morning I took a quick bath and had my mum make me my favorite breakfast.

That day I decided to ride my bike to the park. Rameez and Salma were visiting their granny so I decided to call Uzair and Maseeha.

This was the beginning of Rameez bring angry with me. I didn't understand why but I thought it was something I could fix once he was back from his granny. After all we both fought a lot and made up the next day, but this time the problem lied within us.

That day 14 year old Mahdiya was very happy. She rode over to her best friends house smiling from ear to ear.
Little did she know that day was the last day she smiled whole heartily. The day she lost her two best friends and most probably the guy she liked.

Luckily for me Uzair and Maseeha were awake. Maseeha refused to come with as it was too early but promised to catch up with us later. Aunty Rookaya ...Uzair's mum packed us some burgers.

Happily the two friends rode off not knowing that day was their last day together. The last day they drove around their suburb screaming and laughing.

We rode around the block continuously till we were tired. We drove back to the park ready for our little picnic. We tried waiting for madam Maseeha but she took to long and in the end we have in to our hunger.