Chapter Fifty Five

'How is she?' Imraan asked the doctor as soon as she came out of the icu.

'She's still very critical. Attiya has a lot of internal bleeding. We trying our best.' She replied as she looked around.

As soon as we heard that my mummy fell down. 'Ya Allah please save my daughter.' She made duaa as she cried.

I held on to Maseeha for support while Rameez tried holding Imraan who wanted to run into Attiya's room.

'Please have sabr and make lots duaa. We trying our best.' The doctor said before walking away.

The next few hours were very crucial for us as we prayed for Attiya's recovery. I refused to cry. I had full faith in my Allah. Life and death all was in his hand and He will never disappoint us as long as we believed in Him.

That night the doctor informed us that Attiya was now stable and Alhamdullilah the bleeding also stopped but if she doesn't wake up tomorrow morning her survival chances were very low.

Rameez, Maseeha, Uzair and I stayed back with Imraan at the hospital while we sent the others back home. Ma and mummy both were finished.

'Drink this!' Uzair said as he handed us all some juice. 'No one has eaten anything from breakfast and I don't blame you guys, but it's important for us to all be strong for Imraan. We can't fall weak now.'

'Uzair is right...well he might be talking about food but we have been through a lot. We will pull through this too In Sha Allah. Our Attiya is strong. Let's be strong for her,okay?' Maseeha said, trying to comfort us all.

'Ameen.' I replied.

I rested my head on Rameez's shoulder as I kept on praying until I fell of to sleep.

'Wake up Mahdiya.'

'Five minutes more,Meez.'

'Come on. It's time to pray.' Rameez replied as he tried waking me up.

I opened my eyes and I realization sat in. I wasn't at home.

'Attiya! Did she wake up?' I asked Rameez as I sat up straight.

'Not yet...' He replied as he massaged his arm.

'Where's Imraan?' I asked him.

'His gone to pray.' He replied with a yawn.

'You didn't sleep?'

'I tried but I didn't want to disturb you.' He replied as he continued massaging his arm. 'Your head is really heavy Miss D.'

'I'm so sorry...'

'No stress Miss D. Come on let's go pray.' He replied as he held my hand and lead me to the prayer room.

After Fajr Rameez and I sat praying a while longer than usual for Attiya and our duaa's were answered as an excited Maseeha ran in informing us that Attiya was awake.

We thanked Allah and ran to Attiya with happiness evident in our eyes.

'Attiya!' I exclaimed with happiness as I hugged her. 'You awake.'

'How long have I been sleeping for?' She asked us with a small laugh.

I pulled back and looked at her. She was weak. Her face was pale and she lost a lot of weight.

'Two months,10 days,7 hours and 25 minutes.' Imraan replied as he looked at his watch.

'Two months!' Attiya exclaimed in shock. 'Where's my baby?' She asked us as she felt her stomach. 'Imraan answer me.'