Chapter Ten

I wasn't the person for crowds! Infact I hated being along people, I always loved being alone.
But when I saw New York's busy streets, the crowds and the never ending noise somehow I wanted to get lost in that crowd!

'Thinking about me?'

I turned around expecting it to be Uzair but never in a million year's had I expected it to be Rameez.

I looked at him with a shocked expression while he had that stupid smirk plastered all over his face.

I was mad with him and I have no idea why!

I gave him the fakest smile ever and said 'oh darling, for a matter of fact yes! I was just thinking of the different ways I could kill you.'

Rameez faked as he was heartbroken and held his hand on his heart!

I ignored him and turned my head towards the window again.

'Feisty much, huh?' He whispered in my ears.

I turned around to face him again. 'What do you want Rameez?'

'You!'

W.H.A.T.?

I almost chocked on my own spit.
For a moment there I almost died out of happiness.

I was about to reply when he started laughing and threw his head back.

'You should have seen your face.'

This guy would be the death of me.

'I don't want to speak to you Rameez!'

'Me neither, I just want to speak to my wife.'

I gave him the 'what the hell' look.

He gave me a shrug and said 'what?'

I don't get this guy at all! First he says that I should keep my distance away from him, then he says he can't stand me and I might be his wife to the world only, but not to him and now he himself calls me his wife?

Bipolar much? What bothered me was : what exactly was the reason behind this sudden change???

The rest of the journey went in a blink of an eye and I found myself staring at huge building.

This building was amazing! No it was beautiful! It looked more like a mansion then a school.

'Huge buildings, small hearted people.' Uzair said while walking up to me.

'What you mean?' I asked but keeping my eyes focused on the building.

'You will see. Anyway it's time to show you all around.

'Emmm.'

'You okay?'

'Uzair!' I turned around so I could face him.'I'm sorry for everything! I'm sorry for being a pain. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm...'

'Man! You still talk a lot! It's the past D! Let it stay there! I should be saying sorry.' Uzair said , cutting me off.

'No, we need to talk it out! I want that old Uzair back.'

'He's always been there D! Someone just has to need the eyes to say.' He said with a hurt face.

'You still hurting Uz.'

'Let's talk about it later! So you and Rameez?' He gave me smug smile.

I let a huge sigh.

'He hates me! Nothing's been the same since you two left.'

'What was all that laughing about?'

'In the car?' Uzair nodded his head.

'That's what confuses me! I don't know! Few hours ago he hated me now he wants to talk to me.'

Uzair took a glance at his watch.

'D, we getting late! Let's go in and afterwards we go for coffee and talk? Fine?'

'It's about time Uz! Fine with me.'

I followed Uzair inside and we were given a welcome speech. The principal and teacher's really seemed sweet here. Some were pretty young and pretty

My day seemed to go according to plan but Allah himself knows how I ended up having coffee with Rameez.