Chapter Fifty Seven

Mahdiya's pov

'And why would I do that?'

'Don't test out patience Mahdiya, you coming back home.' Salma replied, trying to pretend as if she was mad at me.

'Really Salma. No jokes, I'm not ready to come home.' I replied as I poured myself some juice.

It was too much happening together. Rameez was mad at me and ignored throughout the party and I didn't see any point in going home.

'Hey, Rameez tell your wife to come back home.' Salma said, as Rameez walked past us.

'Why must I? She doesn't listen to me anyway. Let her stay where she wants.' He replied with a laugh and walked away with Moosa who looked at him in shock.

'Okay...so you coming home,right?' Salma asked me with a smile and I shook my head.

'Did you hear what he said?'

'Habibiti, he just indirectly said please come home Miss D. I missing you.' Afreen replied and I looked away.

'Come for me,okay? I don't know about Rameez but I really miss you. It's not same. Please please please!' Salma begged and I felt bad.

'I will come but just for you,okay?' I replied with a smile.

Soon after that we all gathered to have some dessert and Rameez sat opposite me. It was just how it was before we were together. My presence didn't matter to him and I had no one to share my cheesecake with.

'I honestly for the life of me can't believe you two are STILL not talking to each other.' Maseeha said.

'Said who? I just spoke to her today.' Rameez replied and Maseeha shook her head.

'So then why don't you ask her to come home?' Nuha asked him.

'Miss D likes taking her own decisions and I love that about her.' He replied with sarcasm.

'Salma, I'm going to my mum's place with Yusuf now, when you guys going home,will you please ask daddy to fetch me?' I asked her and she nodded with excitement. I tried ignoring Rameez's comments but I could feel him staring at me as I spoke to Afreen and Asma who begged me to stay and leave later on with Salma.

'When you guys go back?'

'Nextweek In Sha Allah.' Amina replied.

As we carried on speaking I couldn't help but notice how friendly Zeenat was becoming towards Rameez who tried his best to ignore her but Zeenat was stuck to him like glue and I knew I had to step in.

Rameez and I might be fighting but he was mine and I couldn't stand that girl so close to him.

'Meez?' I called out for him and he looked up at me, in shock.

'Yeah?'

'Will you eat this for me? I'm so full.' I asked as I pointed to my half eaten cheesecake.

'Why will Rameez eat your left over food?' Zeenat asked.

'Why will a third person interfer between a husband and wife?' I asked with a smile and the look on her face showed that she was annoyed and embarrassed but that didn't stop Zeenat.

'You call yourself a wife? What kind? You don't even listen to your husband. Look at his face. See how sad My Meezy is.' She replied in her fake accent.

Her Meezy???

'Since when did he become your Meezy? But khair, Rameez and I might be fighting but that doesn't give you the permission to do what you want,okay?' I replied as I stood up and picked up my cheesecake plate and walked over to Zeenat. 'Maybe you should eat this, you really need to learn to say sweets things.' I said as I forced her to hold the plate. 'And just a small reminder Zeenat, Rameez is only mines. Stay away from him.' I went saying before walking away from her and the rest.