Chapter Eleven

*Flashback*

I saw Maseeha rushing through the crowd and I tried catching up with her but suddenly I lost her and I was on the floor. I was about to swear the idiot who bumped in to me but he put his hand out indicating to help me up.

I looked up to see who it was and there stood Rameez.

I pushed his hand away and got up myself and tried walking away but Rameez stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

'Be ready at 8' Rameez said without looking at me. I tried to follow his gaze but he quickly looked back at me.

'Why?' I tried to free my hand but his grip tighten.'let go of my hand Rameez, people are watching.'

As realizing what he was doing, he let go of my hand.

'Sorry' ..so at 8?'

'Why? And where?? You want to kill me, right? Forget it! I'm not coming with.'

Rameez looked at me with shock and started laughing.

'No stupid, I'm taking you out for coffee.'

'Excuse me???'

'What? Can't a husband take his wife out for coffee??'

'Not if the husband and wife is us'

'Don't play hard to get.'

Can I smack him already?

'Don't get on my nerves then.'

'See you at 8 then and try to come.'

I shook my head and walked away. I wasn't playing hard to get but knowing Rameez , he was up to something and I didn't want to hurt myself again.

And that's how I ended having Coffee with Rameez.

*End of flashback*

The first 10 minutes were awkward but as our coffee and cake came for the first time in years Rameez and I had a proper conversation.

'Gosh Rameez! You haven't changed at all.' I said in between my laughter.

And out of the blue, he shocked me again.

'I missed you D.'

I spat out my cake in shock and my face turned red in embarrassment.

Rameez looked at me with that omw! Adorable , not cute smirk.

And all I said was 'Don't call me D, only Uz can!'

Speaking of Uz, I had to lie to him. I gave him the excuse of being tired and needed some rest.

'My bad! Let me rephrase my sentence. I missed you, wifey.'

'What you want Rameez? Listen here, it's impossible that you have changed in one day? Since Uzair and Maseeha came back in the picture, you have been acting all nice to me. Cut the chase! I'm not that stupid.'

Rameez looked at me with an open mouth. But I cut him off and carried on.

'Waait! This is about Uz and Mas, right? You want to get back at them? Or wait make Mas jealous??'

'No Mads! The truth is, Dadi said I should give this relationship a chance, so here I am trying to do so.'

'Dadi said so? Come on! That's a Lame excuse.'