Chapter Twenty Seven

So I'm sure everyone is tired of Rameez and Mahdiya's story...*wink wink* so I decided on writing a pov from the one only Maseeha. Let's see what's going on in her pretty head.

Maseeha's pov.

Guilt isn't always a rational thing,guilt is a weight that will crush whether you deserve it or not.-Maureen Johnson.

I once read that no amount of guilt can change the future so crying over the past and wishing you didn't do what you did was not going to work. We had to stand up and correct our wrongs.

Once I realised my mistake I was determined to make it up to Rameez and Mahdiya.

That night when Rameez came over to me and told me about Mahdiya betraying him...for the life of me I couldn't believe him.

Mahdiya was the girl who would rather suffer herself then see someone she loved in pain. It took me a long time to to realize this but when I did I couldn't help but not agree with the others...especially Uzair.

Other then getting rid of my guilt this one of the other reasons I took it up to me to patch them up which was working. Rameez's heart was melting up to Mahdiya. Two hearts were joining while the one was breaking.

As Uzair and I entered the Moosa's household we were greeted by Salma.
Rameez's parents still 'angry' with me according to my plan.

'Maseeha! I'm going over to Sahal.' Uzair said leaving me alone.

From small I always felt awkward in such parties. I felt as if everyone was judging me. I always had a low self-confidence and tried covering it up by giving the I don't care attitude which worked most of the time.

But as I started getting close to My Allah I realised that pleasing Him was all that matter. Only be He had the right to judge me and I should only care what He thinks and not the society.

I decided on going outside for some fresh air and wait there till Mahdiya and her family arrived.

'What you doing here alone?' Someone said behind me.

I turned around to find Rameez there.

'Oh hi.' I said as I turned around to face the fountain.

'Hi.' Rameez answered as he joined me by the fountain.

'How are you?' He asked.

'Alhamdullilah , can't complain and you?'

'Great!' He replied with an uncomfortable laugh.

I looked at him raising my eyebrow. 'What's wrong?' I asked him.

'I'm not even going to deny it...I screwed up big time Mas."

I gave him a skeptical look before asking him why.

He gave me a small laugh before replying. 'Promise you won't freak out?'

'What's wrong Meez?' I asked him sensing something wrong.

'I knows this is not the right time to say this but Mahdiya's innocent man. I'm the one who hurt her.'

He looked at me and when I didn't reply he carried on.

'Mas...I need her back...' he said with a guilty look on his face.

As he spoke I took in his facial expressions. He looked guilty but I a part of me couldn't trust him. I needed more then the just a few words.

'Is this about Sahal, Rameez?' I asked him with a serious look.

He gave a small laugh before replying 'yes and no.' He said as he ran his fingers threw his hair.

'Care to elaborate?' I asked him sarcastically.