Chapter Twenty Eight

So I'm back Alhamdullilah. I'm feeling much much better Shukr. JazakAllahu Khairan to one and all for all the duaas. I pray that Allah grants you even better than what you asked for me. *group hug*

Mahdiya's pov

While the family were busy with Attiya's wedding preparations we young ones were busy getting ready for our trip.

Sahal was coming with as well but lately he was acting strange. At first he refused to join us but Maseeha forced him till he had no option but agree but with her.

Uzair went missing for a few days. I was damn sure something was wrong with him but I just didn't know what. He became more reserved and only would talk when we asked him something. He looked sick but always would deny it when we asked him. Something was not right for sure... I planned on having a word with Maseeha today.

As I got ready for the trip I couldn't help but think of Rameez. A change was noticed in almost everyone and Rameez was no different. A few times I would notice him staring at me and then flash me a guilty smile a child would flash when his caught red-handed stealing burfi on Eid.

Maseeha knew what was up with him but she wouldn't tell me. She said Rameez would tell me but while I was eager to know I was afraid to ask him.

It might seem obvious thats his in love with me but I don't feel that way. I have been hurt way too much and I need much more assurance that he wants me back then a few killer smiles...

'Mahdiya....your friends are waiting for you. Make fast oldie.' I heard yusuf screaming from downstairs.

'Yeah! I'm coming.' I said as I shoved everything in my bag.

'Where's my slippers mummy.' I scream.

'In your shoe bag.' She scream back and I could hear Maseeha laughing.

I quickly wrapped hijaab around my head, grabbed my stuff and made my way downstairs.

As I entered the lounge Rameez came forward and took my lugguage. My mummy shot me 'you got some explaining to do' look and I gave her a small shrug.

After all that just happened it might seem weird to see Rameez in my house...but apparently he apologised to them that night. My parents were not upset as they knew he was not in his senses.

' Look after yourself Mahdiya.' My daddy said as my mummy hugged me with tears in her eyes.

'Jee.' I replied with a smile.

'Mummmmmy!! Don't cry. ..I'm coming back in three days. Save the tears for Atts farewell.' I said as I looked in Atts direction and winked at her.

'But you must eat well. I packed some aloo paratha's for you.'

'Aloo paratha's? ' Uzair asked in excitement.

'I packed for you as well beta.' My mum said as she caressed his head.

'Hate to break this emotional moment but we have to leave.' A jealous Maseeha said.

After making Salaam we all made our way out my house while my family went back to their busy schedule.

'So who's going with who?' I asked as I looked between the three cars.

As I turned around to face Maseeha I saw Rameez indicating something to her and she nodded with a smile.

Something was up with them and I needed to know. I looked at her with a raised eyebrow and she gave me a small shrug before saying. 'All the girls are going in my car and Uzair is driving while all the boys will go in Sahal's car.' She said she pointed to Sahal's silver X5.