Chapter Nine

When I saw Uzair standing in front of me every part of me of me wanted to scream out his name. I didn't know how l felt. It was mixed emotions! Happiness with a little bit of shock. Okay I knew how I felt.

Everything felt surreal. It felt as that present was paused for a while and the friendship we had was slowly rewinding in front of us.

I didn't realize that I was staring at Uzair with my mouth open until Nadia up to me and said ' Mads, I know the guy is MashaAllah but close your mouth.'

'Ya, come on! Move it.' Fatima said as she tried to pull me along with her. 'Ya Allah! Walk child.'

Walk? In that moment It felt as if I had forgotten how to walk. All l remembered was what I planned to say to him if I ever saw him again.

I took small steps towards him. Although I had my eyes on the floor , I could feel his gaze on me.

The next thing I done, came as a shock to us all. I pushed my way out and ran towards him while screaming his name.

'Uzaaaaaaair! I can't believe it's you!!!'

He laughed and just said 'welcome to New York, D'

He.Called.Me.D! So he was not mad at me, right?

Before I could reply, I sensed an angry Rameez besides me. Uzair put his hand forward and Rameez gladly shook it. I lie...I could see those killer looks he was giving Uzair.

'So we meet again huh? Destiny?'
Rameez said through gritted teeth.

Uzair just smiled and said 'it's all taqdeer Rameez but anyway I'm glad to see you two again.'

'I clearly am not.'

What in the world of donuts was his problem?

'I can see that but much to your dismay, there's nothing you can do about it.'

One point for Uzair!

'You guys know each other?' Mohammed asked as he joined us with a confused face.

'Childhood friends' I said while looking at Uzair.

'So guys welcome to New York! The name's Uzair and I really hope you guys enjoy yourselves! So for now let's get back to school? The details of the trip will be given to you after lunch.'

Hearing the word lunch made me realize how hungry I was.

We were all collecting our bags, when Rameez walked up to me and asked if he should carry my bag and I was about to give it to him when Uzair came out of no where and stood in front of Rameez.

'May I, your highness?' He pointed towards my bag.

I giggled and threw my bag at him which he caught. I started walking with him when I remembered about Rameez.

I quickly turned back and I immediately regretted it. In front of me stood an again angry Rameez, but this time his eyes said something else.

For the first I saw a look of sadness in his eyes. I quickly whispered that I was sorry and walked away.

I felt like I had to apologize because he came up to me to ask he could help me with my bags and this time no Dadi to tell him so. He wanted to? That just made smile. Maybe Salma was right? It was time to fix our relationship?

Or maybe not!

Rameez being Rameez walked up to us and whispered in my ears 'So Miss or should I say Mrs D has reunited with her childhood love? And chose him over her husband? Perfect wife, huh?'

I looked up and he had his gaze fixed on me. He gave me his infamous smirk and raised his eye.

As much as I wanted to smack him, I was happy to see this side of Rameez.

Husband? This was the first time he admitted that. Okay and now I sound like lovestruck teen.

I smiled back at him and said 'jealous much.'

He shook his head and laughed.

Did New York make him this happy.

As-salāmu 'alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh, so how was it? I know it's short but later on there will be another one In Sha Allah! Ya Allah, what you waiting for? Comment and vote! *wink*

Oh and this post is dedicated to a new friend I've made on wattpad- @everyonesfriend357