Chapter Forty

The journey to Rameez's house was rather quiet. I was still crying and Rameez was trying to comfort me. I think Attiya was in the same state.

After 10 minutes we finally reached Rameez's hou...our house. Coming here as a friend and then a bride was two different things. Being a bride was scary. I did stay at his house before but now that it's official it just seems scarier.

As were about to enter the house Salma and her cousins all scream for us to stop.

'Waaaait!!!!'

'For What?' Imraan asked her.

'Well you can't just come in like that. You two have to carry your brides in!' She answered with a smile.

'I don't mind!' Rameez said as he bent down to pick me up as everyone began to laugh.

'No mahn! All the elders are here!' I whispered with a blush.

'So what?' Imraan asked as he lifted Attiya up.

'Imraan!' Attiya scolded!

In then the all the elders walked in and when they saw they began to laugh while Rameez and Imraan wouldn't put us down.

'Attiya,Mahdiya...enjoy the moment! Later on that won't even want to carry your shopping bag!' One of their aunties said with a laugh.

After walking in with us...we all settled in the lounge while Aunty Kulsum made tea for the guests.

'Meez!' I whispered.

'Yeah?' He whispered back with a smile.

'I need to use the bathroom!'

'Consider it your house!' He replied with a smirk.

'How do I go with all these aunties staring at me? Won't it be rude?'

'Ask Salma to come with you.'

'Call her for me please!' I said with puppy eyes and he gave me a sceptical look before calling Salma.

'Yes?'

'Mahdiya wants to use the bathroom,but she's shy!'

'Don't fear when Salma is near!'

I guess the whole family was concieted.

'Mahdiya, come I want to show you something!' Salma said aloud.

'Where you taking her?' One of the aunties asked.

'She can't go anywhere...everyone is here to see her now!'

'We will be back quick. I promise!' She said as she pulled me with her.

'Thank you sooo much!' I said once we were out of earshot.

'Pleasure dear!' She replied with a smile.

'Wait...are you okay?' She asked after a while.

'Yeah! Why?' I asked her.

'You walked pass both the bathrooms!'

'Bathroom was an excuse! I was feeling suffocated in there!' I said as I stopped walking and leaned against the wall.

'Is everything okay? Did Rameez do anything?' She asked with a worried expression.

'No! Rameez never do anything! In fact I'm very happy with him.'

'Then?'

'The pain Salma! My headache seems to be getting worse. I feel drowsy.' I answered as I held by head.

'Do you need a doctor?'

'I don't think so! Can I have some water please?'

'Yeah sure! But first just sit here!' She said as she ran off to the kitchen and returned with a glass of water. 'Here Mahdiya!'