Chapter Forty One

'Rameez! That's really not needed!' I tried convincing him as I moved away from him only to be pulled back.

'It's needed Miss D...I read somewhere that coconut oil helps with headaches.' He answered as he began to give me a massage.

'Meez! What do you even read?' I asked him with a laugh.

'Daadi use to ask me to read the daily newspaper to her...' He answered softly.

I didn't reply...I didn't know what to say. I felt bad for him. He was shattered and the last thing he needed was sympathy.

'I'm proud of you Meez!' I said after a while.

'Why?'

'Just the way you dealing with the situation, the way you controlling your anger , all just for Daadi.' I answered as I closed my eyes and enjoyed the massage.

'I didn't changed for her Miss D!'

'Then?' I asked him as I opened my eyes and raised my eyebrow.

'I changed for you!' He answered with a soft smile playing on his lips.

------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning after Fajr I quietly made my way to the kitchen after making sure that Rameez was asleep.

I really was in a mood for chocolate cake so I decided on baking one.Now who wouldn't enjoy a chocolate cake?

If Rameez knew I was in the kitchen right now,he'd totally freak out. I had to work really fast. Alhamdullilah I was familiar with everything around me.

An hour later my cake was done and just as I was about to ice it Aunty Kuslum walked in.

'Mahdiya?' She asked in surprise.

'As-salamu'alaykum.'

'Wa'alaikum Salaam! What you doing up so early?' She asked as she switched on the kettle.

'I wanted to bake...I hope that's okay?' I nervously asked.

'Of course dear! But you suppose to be resting! I warned Rameez about this! How can he allow you enter the kitchen when you not feeling well!'

'I'm feeling much better Alhamdullilah!' I replied.

'Still too! Let him come down!'

'Ma, he doesn't know! His still sleeping!' I said with a guilty smile.

Aunty Kuslum shook her head as she put up the tea. 'I wonder what's going to happen! Rameez and you both are stubborn!'

'Ma...Rameez is worse!' I replied with a wink and the kitchen echoed with our laughter as we prepared breakfast for our family.

Soon Attiya and Salma joined us and once the table was laid we called for then men.

As Rameez took his seat I walked over to him to pour him some tea. 'Ma...please tell Mahdiya that I don't drink tea!' He said with anger.

'But why son? You love tea!' She asked.

'Well I stopped drinking tea!' He replied as he poured himself some juice.

He looked so cute when he was angry...

'Please don't say,you two are fighting again?'Salma asked in a bored tone.

'We not fighting Salma!' Rameez exclaimed.

'Ma,I will fetch the cake?' I asked her as she gave me a small nod.

I gave Rameez a small smile and he turned his face away from me. I knew Rameez, he wasn't angry. He was just mad that I didn't listen to him.

As I made my way to the kitchen I heard Rameez being scolded.