Chapter Forty Four

Edited😊

'Rameez,wake up, it's Fajr!' I scream as I pulled the duvet off him.

'Five minutes more Mahdiya!' He begged.

'There's no time for Fajr!' I stamped my foot,slightly irritated with him.

Instead of waking up Rameez pulled the duvet back from me and pulled it over his head.

'Fine then! I'm going to pray and if we don't see each other in Jannah you know why!' I said as I gave up and made my way to the bathroom to make wudhu.

As I came out of the bathroom I found Rameez up, waiting to use the bathroom.

I gave him a smug smile as I walked passed him and laid down our prayer mats.

After praying our Salaah,Rameez began to read Quraan while I listened to him. How blessed were we to start our day with His(Allah Ta'ala)words and promises.

After reciting Quraan Rameez pulled my hands in his and started making Dhikr using my fingers to keep count.

I looked at him feeling overwhelmed and he shook his head slightly. 'We going to be in Jannah together In Sha Allah!' He said with a smile and I returned the gesture.

I wish I could live this moment forever but I knew better. This peaceful atmosphere contradicted the situation I was in.It was anything but peaceful.

After putting away our prayer mats I quickly took a shower and made my way to the kitchen while Rameez went back to sleep.

As I made the sandwiches for breakfast I couldn't help but wonder when was Rameez planning to inform me about this Dubai thing. According to the letter he had to be in Dubai in approximately two weeks time and yet I was left in the dark.I didn't want to confront him about it, I wanted him to tell me about it himself. I wanted him to open up to me.

Just as I was about to make the tea Attiya walked in followed by Salma.

'As-salamu'alaykum!' I greeted with a smile.

'Wa'alaikum Salaam!' They both responded while Salma helped herself to a sandwich.

'How was your night out?' I asked Attiya to which she began to blush.

'Alhamdullilah it was amazing.' She replied with a smile.

'Ooooh see who's blushing!' Salma teased Attiya.

'Oneday you will be the one blushing Salma and then we will see.' Attiya replied.

'No guy is born yet to make Salma Ebrahim blush.' She said with a grin.

'There better be no boy yet or I will break his legs!' We heard Rameez say.

I turned around to find him leaning against the door smiling.

'Don't worry bro...we will break his legs together.' Salma replied with an evil grin and we all began to laugh.

I trust Salma to do something like that.

'Attiya...where's my watch?' We heard Imraan scream and Attiya hurried out of the kitchen to help him.

I left Rameez and Salma to carry on with their jokes while I went back to my work.

'Salma, isn't that Aunty nextdoor calling you?' Rameez asked her.

'I don't hear anything.'

'But I can hear her calling you, go see what she wants!'

Salma have him a sceptical look before leaving and as she was leaving she stopped in her tracks and said 'That was a lame excuse , Meez!'

I bit my lip to control my laugh. Before I could turn around to face Rameez , Rameez hugged me from the back, resting his chin on my shoulder.