Chapter Four

My world stopped for a moment. I wasn't prepared for this. I still had a month before we took this step. Rameez and I couldn't stand one another for even a second. Imagine living in the same house? I knew this would happen one day but deep down I had a feeling that Rameez wouldn't allow this to happen. If I hate him...he hates me 10 times more.

'Mahdiya' 'Mahdiya' 'Huh?' I said in a state of shock when my mother was calling me.

'Are you okay bachu?'

'Mummy do I have to go?' Tears started forming in my eyes.

My mother just pulled me in for a hug. 'The worst is over my dear, every daughter has to leave her family one day. You not going to any strangers house. Aunty Kulsum will love you more than I do. You have Salma and Nasreen to help look after you and and I'm sure Rameez wouldn't let you face any trouble, right Rameez?' I wasn't expecting him to respond.

'Right...Aunty Sarah if you don't mind can I speak to Mahdiya alone for a few minutes?'

'Why not beta..Mahdiya take him to your room, Salma once Rameez comes back, you go help her pack her bags, okay?

'Jee Aunty Sarah.'

I stood up and Rameez followed me to my room. Once we both were in he closed the door and turned around to face me.

'What the hell is your problem?' Is this guy real?

'What?What did I do?' 'Mummy do I have to go? I don't want go.' He said imitating me.

I let out a small laugh.'It's called love. Something you wouldn't understand.'

'I see no point arguing with you. Listen here , we got we got married for my Dadi's sake and now for her sake we going to live together, understand? I don't want to see or hear any of your tantrums. Once you there pretend as you happy, don't sit there with your sour face. I want her to be as happy as possible.'

Rameez was always close to his granny from childhood. He never said no to her and that's why we got married to me with no fuss.

'Thank you for stating the obvious. I know exactly what I have to do and what I shouldn't. Now if you done, please leave! I have to pack.'

Once I was done packing, Rameez was sent to load my luggage in his car. When it was time to leave I ran towards my mother and gave her a hug. My tears didn't want to stop. My mother was crying with me. After greeting each and everyone I left for my husbands house.

Sitting in the car with Rameez was awkward. His focus was on the road while mines was on the dashboard that now seemed pretty exciting. After 15 minutes he pulled in the driveway. I slowly followed him in the house.

Dadi was asleep and since we were not allowed to disturb her, Aunty Kulsum sent me to rest in none other but Rameez's room.

'Why do I have to share the same room with you?'

'Maybe because we married?'

'Isn't there a guest room or something?'

'Listen I don't know what problem you have staying here. I don't even want to know. I told you we have to act as we happy with each other in front of Dadi so..'

I cut him off 'Is Dadi here now? No! So give me another room, or I will find one myself.' I turned around to leave but Rameez grabbed my hand and pinned me against the wall.

'The guest room is occupied by Dadi's sister and Salma's room is being revamped, so please shut the hell up and stay here. It's not like I have any shock of seeing your face either.' He spat angrily and walked out of the room.

I sat down against the wall taking my head in my hands and letting my tears fall.

Why don't you understand Rameez. Living in the same room with you is going reveal all those feelings I successfully shut down in one corner of my heart. Waking up to your face every morning is just going to make me fall for you even more.

I loved him since forever. But since the day he turned into Mr World's Number One Jerk. I convinced myself that I hated him and soon I bought my own lie. It seems as if I hate him and can't stand him but a little part of me dies every time I see him. At first it was hard to hide these feelings. Slowly but surely I succeeded. I stopped hanging around him for while, I stopped visiting Salma frequently and I escaped all family gatherings. After a few months when I bought my own lie of not loving him and what I felt for him was just an infatuation I started attending family gatherings, visiting Salma again but during this Rameez and I clashed a lot. We also fought a lot over stupid things. That was a good distraction in helping me forget about him.

When I was told that I had to marry Rameez, A little part of me died out of happiness but deep down I knew that this wedding was nothing but a compromise.

But it still hurts to see him smile,laugh and talk with the others but when it comes to me, he suddenly turns into this hatred mode.

Didn't he see a 16 year old Mahdiya falling for him badly?

A/N: Please comment and let me know how I'm doing and if I should carry on or delete this book. Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter. :D