Chapter Fifty Two

'No Rameez. Just no.' I scream as I pulled my hijaab out of his hand. 'There is absolute no way we going for a walk now. It's way past my bed time.'

'But Miss D, look how amazing the weather is.' He replied, pointing out of the window.

'No. I don't wanna gooooo.' I screeched.

'Sometimes I feel like I married an old lady.' He mumbled.

'Excuse me? Did you say something?' I asked while raising my eyebrows.

'Yes. I said exactly what you heard.' He replied with an annoyed look.

'Why so annoyed love?' I asked him with a smirk.

I laughed at Rameez's facial expression which changed to shock. He expected me to fight back with him.

'What did you say?' He asked in return.

'I said exactly what you heard.' I replied with a grin.

'Come on Miss D. Let's go for a walk.' He pleaded.

'Why Meez?' I asked him again.

'There's a car festival down the road. I just wanna see what they are up to here. We might never get this chance again.'

'Car festival? Why would you wanna go there? It's just cars.' I replied.

'Maybe I did marry an old lady.' He sighed as he shook his head.

'Yeah and now you stuck with this old lady for all your life.' I replied, sticking my tongue out at him.

'I don't mind. As long as I have her hand in mines forever.' He said as he took my hand in his.

'Sometimes when you this cheesy I think grumpy Rameez was better.' I replied with a wink.

'I swear I wasn't like this Mahdiya. After falling in love with you, everything changed.' He replied as he fixed his gaze on me. His eyes held an unfamiliar look. A look that felt as if he could look through my soul.

'You remember my name? I was convinced that you thought my name was Miss D.' I teased.

'Thank Allah. I was just chancing it here.' He replied with a laugh.

'You so mean.' I said as I hit him on his chest. 'But why don't you call me Mahdiya?'

'It makes me sound serious and I don't like it.' He replied and I looked at him in disbelief.

'What?' He asked.

'And here I was expecting something romantic.' I replied as I rolled my eyes.

'I call you Miss D because I fell in love with Uzair's friend. To be honest Mahdiya I always took you as a friend but then when I saw you in New York you were something else. You were so free and forever smiling. Something just hit me then.'

'Uzair's friend?' I asked him in confusion.

'You were different around him. More carefree. To be honest I owe him a lot. He brought out the real you. The one I fell in love with.Back at home you were always reserved, worried about every small thing and in New York it was as if you had no stress.'

I began to laugh and Rameez looked confused. 'You really think this change in me was because I met Uz?' I asked him and he nodded.

Whatever the reason maybe I was glad he saw this change in me.

'This change wasn't because of Uzair. It was because of you. You started paying attention to me. You made feel important. I know at that time you didn't mean it but for me Meez it was the world. I felt as if I was a queen. The Rameez Ebrahim wanted me.' I replied with a small smile.