Chapter Thirty Seven

My family were old fashion but were modern at the same time. We all had had our flaws. Every family did. We tried our best to live our life according to the sunnah but at times we fail. We were far from perfect.

One of our flaws lied in mix gatherings. Whenever we held functions...most of it were mix gatherings.

I personally didn't like it but everyone had their own opinion.

It was decided that Attiya and Imraan would walk in together. Attiya didn't want any bridesmaids as we had a dozen of cousins and each had about two little girls. So she decided against it. She didn't want to choose and end up hurting anyone's feelings.

As I walked in the hall and looked around I started feeling nervous. Most of the aunties from last night turned their faces away from when I smiled at them. Maseeha noticed this and slightly pressed my hand to which I replied with a small smile.

I even grew conscious as I noticed how all the teenager's dressed. All had their hair done, full of make up and amazing dresses. Most of them looked like models while I obviously was far from perfect and this stupid bandage wasn't making it any easier.

As I took a glance at Rameez who was standing on the other side of the room...I started to wonder if those girls were right? What did Rameez see in me? He could get any girl he wanted...

'Stop thinking Mahdiya!!' I mentally scolded myself. 'He could get any girl he wanted but he chose you! Smile and walk now!'

'Mahdiya...can we please walk faster? These aunties are starting to get on my nerves and Oh Allah....those immature girls!' Maseeha angrily exclaimed.

'Those girls are staring at me...I'm sure they still can't get over the fact that Meez and I are married, or still wondering what he saw in me!' I said while trying to smile.

'Let them wonder Miss D! That's where the fun lies!' Rameez said with a wink as he joined us.

'Exactly Mads! Don't worry about them...they just jealous!' Maseeha said.

'You look stunning!' Rameez said with a smirk ' as he stood in front me.

'Jazak'Allahu Khairan!' I replied with a blush.

'Hey Mahdiya!' One of the girls called out and I turned around to face her.

'Yeah?' I asked with a small smile.

'Don't you think you should remove that hideous bandage?' She rudely asked me.

'Excuse me?'

'Nevermind...but a lil advise. Now that you married to Rameez ...please try to match his standards!' She said with a smile which caused everyone sitting with her to laugh.

Rameez gave a small laugh before picking up a napkin and handing it to her. 'Before you advising anyone I think you should wipe your lips. I'm sure the make up companies are not going to stop producing red lipstick anytime soon!' He replied with a smirk and I had to hold back my laugh.

I walked over to Maseeha who was laughing like crazy and gave her a pinch on her hand. 'Don't laugh, that's rude!' I said.

The poor girl look dumbstruck. I quickly muttered salaam and pulled Rameez and Maseeha away from them. If looks could kill, Rameez would be dead by now.

'Rameez! What the hell!' I exclaimed once we were out of earshot.

'What? I was just telling helping her. Now we wouldn't want anyone to laugh at her?' He innocently replied.

'Dude! No just no! You insulted in her in front of 30 aunties!' I said as I took in a deep breath.

'And what about her insulting you? What about her finding faults in you?' He asked.