Chapter Fifty Three

'Why didn't you let me say anything Mahdiya???' Rameez scream in anger.

'Rameez, decisions made in anger are not always right.'

'Didn't you hear what he said? He called you hot and indirectly said you were desperate. You not desperate Mahdiya. If you were, you would never have left me.'

'Rameez, we can't change their thinking. Just ignore them.'

'But Miss D, I'm not you. I felt like strangling him there and there.'

'Rameez, wallah you really being childish.' I replied as I brushed my hair.

'Whatever but we not meeting them ever again. We staying away.'

'But Rameez, they your friends. You can't boycott all just because of one.'

'I refuse to be friends with anyone who can't respect my wife.'

'Rameez. Don't do that. Waseem is just brain washed by Zeenat. Ignore her and soon she will leave on her own.'

'You really naive,hey? Rameez asked me with a laugh.

'Naive? Why?' I asked him while raising my eyebrow.

'It's quiet late Miss D. Let's go sleep.'

'Rameez you know I hate it when you don't complete your sentence, so complete it.' I threatened.

'Waseem likes you...' He replied after a while and I burst out laughing.

'And Rameez Ebrahim is starting to feel insecure?' I asked him with a grin.

'For what? You only start feeling insecure when you know the person you love is not yours and you mine Miss D, so chance of being insecure.' He replied with a smirk.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Two days later.

'No! There is no way we going there again.'

'But Meez, it's not Tasneems fault. She asked us so nicely

'I don't care!' He angrily exclaimed.

'Rameez, they all gonna think I'm keeping you away from them and that's not true.

'Let them think what they want to think, all we must be worried is about what Allah thinks about us, okay?' He replied.

'I know Meez but please?' I begged.

'Why do you wanna go there?' He asked me.

'I enjoy Tasneem's company.' I honestly replied.

'So then we will go visit her when the others are not there.'

'Stop acting as if I'm a child. I can deal with Waseem and besides you with me.' I replied with puppy eyes.

'Fine...' He sighed in defeat. 'Go get ready.'

'JazakAllah Meez.' I thanked him with a smile and he looked away.

After an hour we left for Tasneem's house. I felt so bad that I was going empty handed so I made Rameez stop at the local bakery for me.

'This was not needed Mahdiya.' Tasneem said as I handed her the cakes I bought from the bakery.

'It was.' I replied before entering her apartment.

'Uh guys...Waseem and Zeenat are both here and we did speak to them but if they do happen to say anything , I'm sorry.' She said with an apologetic smile.

'It's okay...don't stress Tasneem.' I assured her before joining the rest in the garden.

'Mahdiyaaaaaaaaaaaaa.' Afreen scream as she came running to hug me in the process almost pushing me over.