Chapter Nineteen

'Rameez put me down, someone will see.' I whispered at Rameez who had me in his arms. Rameez looked at with a smirk and said 'I don't care, let them see , you my wife, my life and it's about time people know.'

I hid my head in his chest to hide my blush. I had butterflies in my stomach and Rameez knew this very well and thus more teasing.

He carried me outside to the courtyard and I was speechless. It was simple yet touched my heart. There was a blanket spread out on the floor, boxes of pizza and the cutest part ever the blanket was surrounded by heart made out of candles and on top of us was the starry night.

Rameez, I and just the sky = A perfect night.

I rested my head on Rameez's chest and enjoyed the cool breeze. Neither of us said anything but yet we both felt comfortable. I felt safe.

'See the stars are slowly going away? I'm sure they feeling shy.' Rameez pointed to the sky.

I looked up and said 'shy? Why?
I looked at the sky.

He held my hand 'Because your beauty makes them ashamed.'

I burst out laughing 'Rameeeeeez! That was so cheesy!'

'Mahdiya, Mads , hello.' Someone clicked their fingers in front of me.

I jumped out of my day dream and looked at a confused Fatima! 'Uuh bruh...what's wrong? You look lost these days.'

I gave a small laugh. 'Nah..nothing, just really missing home.'

She gave me a look and continued munching on her chips.

I tried to act normal and joined in the conversation. 'So yeah, faati what were you saying?'

'Wanted to know if you know what's up with Rameez and Mas? They seem a bit to close.' She pointed to Rameez and Mas sharing their pancakes.

I looked at them and immediately looked away. I swallowed the lump in my throat and answered. ' I don't know hey Fati... I really don't.'

'Okay.'

She kept quiet for a while and I was about to excuse myself. I couldn't be around him any longer and suddenly Fatima spoke.

'I'm sorry Mads!'

I looked at her confused. 'Sorry for what?'

She gave me hug and whispered in my ears 'I know you like him and seeing him with Mas doesn't make it any easy.'

My heart sank. 'How did you know?'

She gave me a small smile. 'I'm not your bestie for no reason. I can see it in your eyes.'

There's much more to see Faati. Only if I could tell you.

I gave her a small nod and indicated that I had to get out of here as Rameez and Maseeha were walking up to our table.

I quickly made my way out successfully not bumping in to Rameez but i could feel him staring at me.

I mustered up all the courage I had and walked back to them.

Maseeha looked at me and gave me a small smile. 'Aah see who we have here....the infamous Mads.'

I replied with a smile and took a seat next to Mohammed.

They all were planning to go out tonight. I threw in some ideas to make it seem as if I was interested and not some heartbroken girl.

I spotted Uz walk in, so I scream for him to join us. As he made his way to us I made a run for the packet in his hands.