Chapter Twenty Six

'I can't believe he asked you that..wait actually I can. I just don't understand him.' Maseeha said with a confused look.

'Why?' Salma and I both asked in unison.

'What's stopping him from stopping Mahdiya?'

'When I asked him for what must I wait ...he was going to reply but this kabaab came in the middle.' I said pointing towards Salma and earning a smack from her.

'I didn't see it was Rameez...otherwise I wouldn't have came.' Salma said with a glare.

'Okay...the night's not yet over. I'm sure his gonna do something if not say anything.' Maseeha said with a distant look on her face.

'I don't know if I can trust him Maseeha! I've been hurt twice by him. I don't know why I have a feeling his doing this just to get back to me. Like his trying to create a distance between Sahal and I.' I said as I tried calming my broken heart.

'Madhiya my dear...no one is saying trust him. Just give him a chance.' She said as she gave me a side hug.

'I beg to differ! Mads I stay with Rameez and I can see the difference. When ever my friends come he comes to see if you there or his always offering to drop me by my friends hoping to catch a glance of you. And I'm not just saying this...I'm sure of it. The other day mum and I were just talking about him. He looks so lost. To be honest after ages Im seeing him laugh like this.' She said as she pointed to Rameez who was standing with Yusuf and laughing over something Uzair said.

'I agree with her, Mads but we not forcing you. If you see him trying to give this relationship a try ...go ahead. You have nothing to lose dear.' She said with a small smile.

'Okay but for now can we pretty please go eat.' I said as I took a look of the buffet table awaiting for me.

There was everything from pasta to pizza. Oh and lets not forget the butter chicken with the works. My mouth was watering as soon as I saw the dessert table. The cheesecake was so tempting..oh and the chocolate cupcake.

Yeah I was about to pick up all that weight I lost for Attiya's wedding in one day.

' All you care about is food?' Salma asked me with a disbelief sigh.

I gave her a duh look and said.'Food is bae. Food loves you, food doesn't leave you.'

Maseeha and Salma both laughed and promised to meet up soon. Salma was waiting for her friends while Maseeha had to go to the bathroom.

The buffet table was on the other end off the living room. I made my way there after being pushed by a dozen of aunties who didn't want to be left behind.

As I made my way to table I tried looking for a plate but of no luck. I guess I was late...I was about to give up and come around later when I saw a plate. As I was about to reach for it someone else put their hand out for it as well.

I turned around to see who it was only to come face to face with Rameez.

'That's my plate.' I said as I eyed the plate.

'Does it have your name on it.' He asked me with a raised eyebrow.

When I didn't answer he laughed and said. 'Let's share the plate.

' No it's fine...I will go look for one in the kitchen.' I said as I turned around to leave.

Rameez stopped me by blocking my way. 'You know there's sawaab if a husband and wife eat from the same plate.'

I slowly gave him a nod as Maseeha's words played in my head. 'Give him a chance...'

'That plate is to small.'