Chapter Forty Eight

'I hate child psychology!! What does 'how does the child's brain function' got to do with teaching?' Maseeha complained as we walked down the corridors to our next lecture.

I rolled my eyes as I answered her. 'Maseeha darling , if you don't how the child brain functions, how are you expected to teach them?'

'Makes sense but I hate it.' She sighed.

'I don't know why you hate it. I actually enjoy it. I think it's kind of intersting.'

'Yeah, that's because you not the one failing this subject.'

'The semester is almost over. Just study harder for the exam.' I replied as I shook my head at her.

If Maseeha hated a subject it was almost impossible to get her to pass that subject.

'Let's leave that behind. We entering my favourite lecture now.' Maseeha replied with a grin.

I took in a deep breath before walking in.We currently were analysing Road to Mecca and I absolutely hated it. Was it really necessary for Helen to commit suicide? Couldn't she just go on?

'Yeah, it's so much fun.' I muttered as Maseeha went on about our reader.

'What's wrong?'Maseeha asked me with a frown.

'Nothing. Just tired.' I replied.

'Why? Didn't you sleep early last night?' She asked.

'Qadha sleep...' I replied, trying to hide my smile while Maseeha shook her head at me.

For the 15 minutes I tried concentrating but then gave up.
I really found it hard to concentrate when the lecturers were speaking. I found it easier to study myself. I'd basically sit here all day dreaming and then go home and summarize all my notes. It was time consuming but it was the only way I could study. Rameez would always say that I was wasting my money. I should have rather studied through corresponding and be with him.

Thinking about Rameez made me smile. He was the reason I felt like running back home to my bed. Last night he phoned and while catching up, the night turned into morning.

Its been 3 weeks since he left but it was as if he never left. Rameez made sure he phoned at least 3 times a day.

The day he left was terrible. The water works would just not stop. I remember Rameez laughing at me because the night before I was so excited for him to leave. The night before after 'his farewell party' Moosa threw for him, Sahal and Fatima, Rameez took me to the park. The very same park where our friendship began. That night he actually opened to me. It felt good to know who Rameez really was. I thought I knew him, but I was so wrong.

The days following we all were busy with our university preparations and soon it was time for Fatima to leave. With our hectic schedules we managed to make some time for coffee and then it was time to bid her farewell. Maseeha and I skyped her recently and she looked very happy Alhamdullilah.
She started university while Sahal thought Qur'an to the little kids over there.

'Ouch!' I scream with pain as I felt someone pinching me.

'What's that for?' I asked Maseeha as I rubbed my arm.

'Your phone is beeping and it's really disturbing me.' Maseeha replied.

I rolled my eyes at her as looked at her notes and then mines.This child used an entire note book for one lecture. My book was empty. All it had written on it was 6 letters, one word that always made my heart skip a beat...Rameez♡.

I quickly took my phone out and as soon as I saw his name I began to smile.

Rameez: 'As Salaam Alaikum Miss D.'
Rameez: 'Wake up wifey.'
Rameez: 'I miss you.'
Rameez: 'Mahdiya!'
Rameez: 'let's bunk class again?'