Chapter Six

Shivers went down my spine as Rameez held my hand and intertwined our fingers while he pulled me outside after greeting everyone. I couldn't help but notice how perfectly my hand fits in his...

As we reached outside he let go of my hand and pushed me and resulting me to fall and knock my head on wall.

Salma who was behind us ran to help me get up.

'Rameez! Are you mad? How can you push her like that!'

'Leave him Salma, no use talking to an animal. Come let's go.' I gave Rameez one last look with disgust and made my way out. Yes I was going to walk to school and yes school was a about 40 minutes away!

'Uuh, Mads? We not walking ,right?'

I stopped walking and turned around to face her . 'why not? School is like just few minutes away!' Okay I lie!

'You mean 40 minutes??? Err I know it's good to be fit n stuff but right now we late for school and I'm tired.'

I shrugged my shoulders and said 'cool,you come with Rameez...I will see ya there.' I looked in Rameez's direction who was staring at his shoes and continued 'and I hope you make it out alive.'

'If you two done with your drama , can we please leave?? '

I sensed a bit of worry in voice.

He looked at me and continued. 'Get it the car.'

'Who said I was coming with you?' I replied cheekily.

'Who said if I asked you? Get it the car or...'

'Or what? I asked.

'Get in the car or I will carry you.' He replied annoyed.

Salma came to and pushed me towards the car. 'Just get it! You have a test today, remember?'

'Can't we go with your scooter?' I asked desperately.

'No! Now shut up and get in!' Came Salma's reply.

I sat in the backseat while Salma took the front seat.

'So Rameez and Mahdiya, what's this trip about?'

'Basically it's like student exchange program. We will be their attending school there for a few days while their students will be attending our school for that period.'

'Sounds amazing! Wish I could come with.'

It was silent for a while but all went haywire after Salma asked the most dreaded question.

'Hey Mads' she turned around to face me.'What was your bestie's name again?'

Oh boy!!

'Which bestie?' I asked innocently.

'Man, the one who moved to New York.'

I looked a her bluntly not knowing what to say! No one knew the real story behind 'my bestie' and I prayed it remained like that. I was lost in deep my thoughts until Salma scream.

'Ohhh I remember.' 'Maseeha and Uzair.'

Hearing his name after years gave me an uneasy feeling.

'Maseeha and Uzair, who?'

'You can't forget those two now! They were here for like three years! The twins? Maseeha was your best friend, she was crazy for Rameez and Uzair was also a good friend of yours! How can you forget them? Dude they were your neigbour's.'

I knew exactly who she was talking about ! Never could I forget those two.

I pretended to think for a while. 'Oh yeah I remember! What about them?

'They moved to New York ,right? Maybe you guys can meet them there?'

I finally mustered the courage to take a look at Rameez and I immediately regretted it. Rameez had his hand tightly wrapped around the steering wheel and staring at me through the review mirror. Anger written all over his face.

I laughed nervously and answered Salma. 'I don't think so...New York is pretty huge and I highly doubt we will bump into each other. Besides we no longer keep in contact.

'Yeah right! But I hope you guys meet! What say Brother? You remember them right?

He didn't answer her! He kept his gaze fixed on the road.It didn't seem to bother Salma. She carried on.

'It's going to coming as a shock for Maseeha once she finds out that Rameez is married.'

And that's when hell broke loose!

Rameez pressed the accelerator and before I knew it I was thrown to the other end of the car!

'Gosh! What the hell is wrong with you Rameez!' I scream. 'I don't have a death wish yet!'

'Just shut up! You the cause of everything ! My lives in a mess just because of you.'

Ouch! That hurt! 3 years ago if he told me that I would burst out in tears but right now I was so used to his bitter comments that it no longer made any difference to me! I've heard worse.

A/N
Okay so this chapter didn't go out as planned!
Hopefully the next one will be longer and soon InshaAllah!

What do you guys think is the story behind Maseeha and Uzair? Comment and lemme know!

Rameez's POV will be coming up next!

Vote & Comment if you like! Shukran!