Chapter Thirty Six

I somehow couldn't sleep knowing that Rameez was angry at me...scratch that, he was hurt. I hurt him.

I had no control over my mouth. No matter how hard I tried...I always end saying what I'm not suppose to say.

I tried messaging him a few times but he ignored them. I pulled out my phone from charge and dialled his number. After a few rings he answered me.

'As Salaam Wa'alaikum!' He said.

'Wa'alaikum salaam! How are you?' I asked.

'Shouldn't I be asking you that?' He replied and I could imagine him raising his eyebrow.

'Yeah! I'm fine Alhamdullilah! Why were you not answering my messages?'

'I was just busy!' He answered.

'Rameez! I'm sorry about earlier! I never mean that!' I said.

'It's okay!' He replied with a thick voice.It clearly wasn't okay!

'I got some work Mahdiya...I will speak to you later In Sha Allah! As Salaam Wa'alaikum!' He went on saying , not giving me a chance to answer him and before I could respond he cut the call.

I had to meet him! Sleep was not going to come anytime soon. Whenever I was upset he made sure he pacify me. I had to do the same.

Lucky for me everyone in the house were a sleep. If I had to tell them I'm going out they would never let me go and the teasing would never end.

I quicky put on my abaya and hijaab and tried sneaking out of the house quietly. It wasn't possible with these wooden tiles that kept on squeaking.

After 1O minutes I finally made it to the the door. We all had our own set of keys. I was grateful for that. If I had to get the keys from my mothers room I would have been caught.

15 minutes later I was standing in Rameez's garden. Luckily he had the downstairs room. One of the reasons I loved his room was because it opened up straight to the beautiful garden.

I knocked on his door and after checking who it was he opened up.

He looked at me with shock and rubbed his eyes. 'Mahdiya?what the hell are you doing here at this time? Who came with you?' He asked me , while looking around.

'I came alone!' I replied.

'Why?' He asked me while running his fingers through his hair.

'Coz I couldn't sleep! You were angry at me!' I said.

'Mahdiya!Mahdiya! I told you I wasn't angry with you, then why?'

'You lying Meez! I can see it in your eyes!'

'I'm not angry!' He lied again.

I took his hands in mines as I said with tears in my eyes...'I'm so so sorry!'

Raneez pulled his hands out of mines and began to wipe my tears. 'Miss D...I'm not angry with you! I'm angry with myself. I couldn't protect you! You in pain because of me!' He said with a broken voice.

'Meez! You not at fault! It could have been worse! Please don't feel guilty! It was all meant to be!'

'But Ma...' He began to reply but I cut him off.

'Let's please just forget it?' I asked and he nodded. 'Okay Miss D!' He said with a smile.

'Are you fine?' He asked as he touched my bandaged.

'Yeah I am!' I replied.

'Alhamdullilah! But one good thing came out of all this. Finally everyone knows about us and I won't have to deal with all those aunties sending proposals for you!' He said with a smile.

'And I don't have to deal with all those annoying girls who shamelessly drool over you!' I annoyingly exclaimed!

As I said that Rameez began to laugh at me.

'What?' I asked.

'Nothing! I really like to see a jealous Miss D!' He answered as his pinched my nose.

'Whatever! Now I'm tired...I want sleep so I'm going!' I said as I began to yawn.

'Why don't you come inside then?' He asked with a smirk.

'Rameez!' I exclaimed and gave him a shot on his shoulder.

'What? You my wife!' He said as he rubbed his shoulder.

'Yeah! See you later alligator. As Salaam Wa'alaikum!'

'Wait! How are you going to go so late alone?' He asked.

'I came alone,Meez!' I said defending myself.

'Yeah but let me drive you!' He pleaded.

'No!' Everyone will know I came here and I'm no mood of their teasings!' I said.

'Me too! Everyone is going on like we the first couple to be in love!' He replied.

'Exactly! So don't worry...I will be fine In Sha Allah!'

'Ameen! But phone when you reach , okay?'

'Okay!'

After making Salaam I turned around to leave but Rameez stopped me and pulled me in for a hug!

'I love you Miss D!'

'I love you too, Meez!'

______________________________________

'It's time!!! It's time for Attiya's nikaah!!!' Fadila screaming on top of her lungs!

Fadila was my cousin from Cape Town. They hardly visited us but when they did it felt as if they had never left.

We all sat in my room in silence as we waited for Imraan to utter those words that Attiya was impatiently waiting for. After her wait was over she began to shed tears of joy as daddy phoned to asked if she agreed to marry Imraan. After saying yes my mother burst in tears as the rooms atmosphere lighted up and everyone began to congratulate Attiya.

All of a sudden my mummy pulled me in for a hug and began to cry again! 'I will miss you to my dear!' She said.

And I looked at Attiya with confusion. 'Mummy I'm not going anywhere for now...' I said as she pulled away.

As if realizing what she said...she quicky changed the subject. 'Come on,we getting late for the reception!'

As she and the others made they way out of my room...I looked at Attiya and she shrugged her shoulders.

Something was wrong...

'Atts!!! You finally married! So happy for you!' Maseeha scream as she hugged Attiya.

'Jazak'Allahu Khairan!' Attiya replied.

'You look beautiful!' I said as I looked at her. She had a simple yet elegant gown on with a few accessories and minimum make up on.

'So do you sister in law!' She replied with a wink.

I was going for simple baby blue gown which my mother loved when we bought it but all of a sudden this morning she insisted that I wear a silver one. I mean this dress had a trail. I thought this was totally unnecessary, but I guess the mother is always right!