Chapter Thirteen

It's been two days and none of us have heard from Maseeha but Uzair says it's normal. She disappears for a week or so and then returns.

Today Uzair took 'my nerd crew' for sightseeing. Bruh! all I can say about New York is : WOW! Everything was beautiful. The busy streets , subways and smiling people made you feel at home.

But the best was the food! Uzair took us to this amazing halaal restaurant. I swear they had to drag me out from there. But Ya Allah...Starbuck's Ice-coffee was something to die for. Oh and did I mention about the frozen yoghurt we had...or well I had because the rest were full. It was mouthwatering.

Control, control yourself D!!!

Something else amazing but more shocking happened...Rameez asked me out on a date and I agreed.

I honestly don't know if I'm doing the right thing but it feels so right. I've been waiting for this moment since forever and now that it's here I can't let it go. Besides he has been so different these past few days. It's like his trying to make this relationship work and I feel that I should do the same.

Deep down I have a feeling that something is wrong but every time I just ignore it and maybe that was my fault.

Maybe I should cancel the date? But he is my husband and I can't refuse him now? And maybe I'm also in love with him?

Maybe I was over thinking stuff...my husband was taking me out and I should be happy and be getting dressed right now.

Two hours later I settled for a white skirt,a baby pink inner with a baby pink blazer. Oh and my hijaab. I decided on putting no make up.

My mind kept wondering back to Rameez. Where would he be taking me? And where on earth was he? His was half an hour late.

My phone rang and I jumped up to pick it up thinking it was Rameez but to my disappointment it was Fatima asking if I would like to join them for a walk down the beach.

I lied to my best friend... I told her I was feeling sick so I wouldn't join them.

I had to speak to Rameez. I couldn't keep this in anymore.

I hated lies but now I'm a liar myself. All for my husband, my love? Was it worth it? It had to be...

20 minutes later, the door bell rang and I ran to open it. In front of me stood a guy with a huge bouquet.. Rameez.

'Your late.' I said while crossing my arms.

Yes I was being typical.

'Sorry wifey, took time to get this. He pointed towards the bouquet which I was now holding.