Chapter Fifteen

'Maseeha!' Rameez took a step forward and stood in front of me
pushing me behind him.

'What the hell is wrong with you? She tripped so I helped her up. I don't think there's anything wrong there, now?'

'But what right do you have to touch her?? She's a damn h**! First my brother and now you also? What's so great in her??'

Uzair came forward and pulled Maseeha against him.

'What's so great in her?? She's modest! Look at her dressing! She wears hijaab and look at you?? Looks like you wearing your baby sisters clothes!' Uzair spat back angrily.

'And you wanna know what right I have to touch her???' Rameez asked while looking at me.

Oh no!

'She's my damn w....'

'Just stop this now man! It's enough!' I said cutting Rameez off and trying to hold back my tears!

'Yes! And Maseeha I expect you to apologise to Mahdiya! She's our guest and we suppose to treat her with respect.'

Maseeha snorted and replied 'apologise my foot!'

And with that she walked away but before pushing me and luckily Fatima was by my side to
help me.

Uzair walked up to me to apologise but I just nodded. I was afraid to speak as my tears were about fall.

I hated crying in front people! I hated those sympathy looks.

The principle declared us as winners and dismissed us all hoping tomorrow would be a better day.

Slowly everyone left but not without giving me a sympathy look.

Everyone left except Rameez and Uzair. One of them who I refused to trust.

Rameez indicated something to Uzair and he nodded before walking away.

Rameez came and put a hand around me and rubbed my back.

My tears were threatening to fall so I hugged him and he hugged me back.

'Ssh! Let it out Mads! It's okay!'

I felt safe in his arms and for the first time ever I cried in front of someone.

I was hurt? I don't know! All my life I was known for my modesty and now someone comes up to and accuses me of being loose. What was my fault? Getting married and not being able to be with my husband without being judged??

'It's okay Miss D! It's over!' Rameez whispered in my ears!

'It w..wasn't my f..fault Rameez.' I said between my sobs.'wwhy am I judged! Maybe we should forg...forget each other for now.'

Rameez pulled back and lifted my chin so I can look at him.

'So why you stopped me from telling everybody the truth. I can't forget you! It's too late.' He said softly.

I looked at his eyes. It held some emotion I didn't recognize but whatever his voice made me feel that he was being honest. Like he wanted to tell the truth.

'But you didn't want anyone to know! I don't wanna force you in something.' I said silently.

I looked down and he was quiet. After a while I suggested we stay away for a while and walk back to the hostel before matters get worse.

'Mads! Listen up.' Rameez scream behind me while I ran away.

Maybe we were not meant to be?