Chapter Forty Two

Remember me in your duaa's people...I'm currently writing exams x_x

Just as I was about to take a bite of my pizza I felt someone throwing water on me and I quickly sat up. I rubbed my eyes a few times and found Rameez standing in front of me with a jug of water.

I was dreaming about pizza again...

'Mahdiya , come on,it's Fajr time!' Rameez said with no emotion visible on his face.

'Meez...what was the need to throw water? Couldn't you just wake me up like a normal human being?' I asked as I stood up and grabbed a towel to dry my hair.

'You were not getting up!' He replied, defending himself.

'You trying to get on my nerves , aren't you?' I asked him.

'No!' He replied as he looked down.'I'm going for Salaah...As-salamu'alaykum.

'Meez?'

'Yes?' He asked as he turned away from me.

'I'm sorry about yesterday...'

'I'm getting late for Salaah! As-salamu'alaykum Mahdiya!' He greeted me again.

I replied to him and made my way to the bathroom and just as I was about to enter, from the corner of my eye I saw him smile.

You can't ignore me for long Rameez!

After praying Fajr I waited for Rameez. Time went by and the sun began to rise but Rameez was not back.

After showering I made my way downstairs. No one was up yet and Rameez was no where to be seen. After searching the whole house I found him in the garden.

'Hi!' I said as I took a seat besides him and he stood up and sat down on the seat opposite me.

I shook my head and tried talking to him again. 'Rameez?'

'What you doing here?' He asked me as he took out his phone.

'Why you here?' I asked him in return.

'It's my house...I can be wherever I want to be!'

'So it's not my house?' I asked, pretending to be hurt.

'I didn't say that Mahdiya!'

'Why you calling me Mahdiya?'

'That's your name ,right?' He asked with a raised eyebrow.

'Yeah but you call me Miss D!' I exclaimed! 'You still angry?'

'Why would I be angry?' He asked me as he stood up.

'You lying Meez! You only call me Mahdiya when you angry!'

I'm sorry that I forgot about yesterday! I promise it won't happen again!' I went on saying while Rameez stood there listening to me silently.

'Meeeez! Come on...we can't go like this every morning!' I said as I grabbed his arm and forced him to face me.

'Then don't do stuff that irritate me!' He said as he pretended to be irritated.

'Stop pretending Meez! You not angry!' I said as I tried not to smile.

'Okay!' He said as turned around to leave and I sat down pretending to cry.

Rameez turned around to look at me and raised his eyebrow.

'And now?'

I held my head in my head and started wailing louder. 'You broke your promise!'

'What promise?' He asked as he sat down next to me.

'You promised Yusuf and daddy that you won't make me cry and now you made me cry!'