Chapter Twenty Nine

I looked at Fatima's retreating figure and burst out in tears.

'Don't cry Mads....it's all just a misunderstanding.' He said trying to comfort me.

'Don't touch me..' I said as I pushed his hand of my shoulder.'It's all your fault Rameez. What the hell do you want? This relationship is going no where!' I scream.

Rameez looked at me with sadness in his eyes. 'Don't say that Mads.'

'Don't say what Rameez?' You can't have the best of both worlds.'

'What do you mean?'

I gave him a small laugh and said...'What I mean? You know exactly Dude!'

He didn't reply...he looked at me with no emotion visible what so ever. I carried on when I saw that he was not going to say anything. 'You want me ...don't you?' I asked him with hope.

I held my breath as I waited for him to reply.

He gave me a smile and said. 'More than anything I've ever wanted.'

I was about to smile but then I realised I was mad at him...'And you serious? You not 'playing' around with me?' I asked him with a serious face.

'I was foolish Mads! I'm serious now...that's the reason I called you here. I wanted to tell you that I need you back in my life.' He replied witb a guilty look in his face.

'That's not enough Rameez! You have to tell everyone about us now. They need to know!' I answered as I fixed my hijaab.

I gave him a last look and began to walk away when he stopped me and then to a step in front of me and pulled me with him. 'What you doing, Rameez?' I asked him.

He didn't answer me ...he just kept on walking. After 10 minutes of darkness we finally reached the bonfire where everyone was sitting. Everyone looked up at us with curious looks which then turned to shock when they saw our now intertwined hands.

I quickly pulled my hand back but if no use as Rameez pulled it back and this time his grip was stronger.

He looked around the room till his eyes fell on Fatima who looked at us with an angry expression. 'Didn't you get angry when you saw Mahdiya and I standing close?' He asked her with a smirk. 'Now let me see what you do now.' He added as he pulled me closer and gave me a kiss on my both my cheeks and forehead.

I felt my cheeks getting warm as I pulled myself out of his grip and looked around. All were in shock except Maseeha who had a smug look on, Uzair who was smirking and Sahal who looked happy.

'You'll have no shame, huh?' An angry Fatima scream.

'Uhh....what's going on here?' Mohammed hesitantly asked.

'Mahdiya is playing around with people's feelings...' answered Fatima. As she uttered those words I looked at her with shock. Did my best friend really think that low of me?

'Why would you say that?' I asked her as my tears threatened to fall.

She gave me a sarcastic laugh before replying...'Ha? You playing around with two boys! You about to get engaged to Sahal and on the other side your feelings for Rameez is out in the open.'

'Sahal and I...' I was about to tell her the truth when she cut me off. 'You just take away people's belongings. First you take Rameez from Maseeha and now S....'

'Mahdiya is my damn wife!!!' Rameez scream which caused Fatima to stop her sentence midway..

Everyone looked at us as if we grew two heads. 'What???' Nadia and Mohammed scream in unison.