Chapter Twenty One

Whatever has happened,is happening and is going to happen is all taqdeer. Sometimes we refuse to accept what is happening with us but what we fail to see that all this is part of a plan that Our Rabb has planned specially for us. I always felt if we don't accept our taqdeer and always questioned our fate by asking questions such as 'Why me?' 'What did I do to deserves this?',ect then we not really trusting Allah. If we really trust Allah we wouldn't question our taqdeer because we then know whatever Allah has planned for us is better than anything.

Imraan was there at the airport to fetch Rameez and I. I couldn't help but feel sorry for Imraan. The look on his face broke me.

Imraan was always smiling, no matter what happens. Today that smile was replaced by sadness.

When we saw Imraan ,he grabbed Rameez and both began crying.

Seeing this scene unfold in front of me made me cry as well. I silently made a small prayer to My Allah.

'Ya Allah please help them overcome this shock and grant them all sabr.'

The journey was rather sad. No one spoke and neither did anyone of us have the courage to break the silence.

I wanted to know how Daadi passed away but I was afraid to do so. Instead I looked out of the window. We were passing the park. I closed my eyes and memories of Daadi came flooding in.

******Flashback*******

'Mahdiya Beta, you know when I was younger I loved sitting on these swings.' Said Daadi as she looked at those swings made out of wood with happiness in her eyes.

Perhaps she was thinking about her childhood. Everything must have been so different there. I always wondered how would it be if I was born back then...

'Daadi why don't you sit?'

Daadi gave a small laugh. 'Allah! Look at my age beta! What if I fall? Naa Naa I can't afford broken bones at this stage.'

'Daadi! I promise you I won'let you fall! You trust your Mahdiya,don't you?'

'Of cause batchu! That's why I got you married to my Rameez!'

'Daadi! Can I ask you something?'

'Jee beti!'

'Why you wanted Rameez and I to get married?'

'Why?You didn't want to marry him?'
Daadi asked me with a little bit of sadness in her voice.

'Noo Noo Daadi! I didn't mean that.'

'Atcha! I can't tell you now,but One day when I'm not here beti, you will know why! Just promise me you won't leave Rameez no matter what happens?' Said Daadi with a serious expression.

'Promise Daadi...' I whispered softly.

I didn't understand what Daadi said so I didn't really take it to head.
Maybe if I did things would turn out differently.

'Daadi! Come sit on the swing now!!'
I nagged her!

'Okay!'

Daadi sat on the swing and I slowly pushed her.

Her innocent laugh still echoing in my ears.

*******end of flashback********

'Mads!Mads!' Scream Rameez.

I looked up at him. 'Huh?'

'We home....' Said Rameez softly.

'Okay.' I replied with tears in my eyes.