Chapter Eight

Imraan drove us to the airport and my parents were to meet us there. My 'nerd crew' as Rameez would say were already there waiting for me.

I honestly didn't know what to feel. One minute I was happy the next minute I was sad. Happy to be in New York for the next two weeks. Sad for lying to dadi and being with Rameez. I also felt angry and anxious for what only Allah knows. Talk about mixed emotions.

Everything right now in my life felt wrong! It felt so wrong. I know Allah has decided this for me and it is the best! I have to learn to accept it. He won't burden a soul more than it can bear.

Thinking why I sound so depressed right now, where minutes ago I was all smiley? I know, I know I said No Rameez can ruin my mood but apparently he did.

So I was on the phone with Fatima and he comes out of no where, grabs the phone, cuts the call just because I was annoying him. Does that even make sense???

And right now I was annoyed with myself for being annoyed with him.

I walked in the airport smiling while I took a glance at Rameez struggling with mine and his luggage. Perks of being married or maybe Dadi's instructions?

I looked around till I spotted my people and there was Fatima, Mohammed, the twins Nuhaa and Nadia.

I was almost thrown back when Fatima, Nuhaa and Nadia ran and crushed me in a hug.

'Aaah, I.C.A.N.T.B.R.E.A.T.H ' I tried screaming while trying to catch my breath. After several attempts I managed to free myself and looked at my three goofy friends standing in front of me .

'Why so happy?...I know you guys missed me and stuff but control yourselves.' I said while I winked at them.

'What do you mean, why we happy?' Scream an delighted Fatima.

'We going to New York.' Scream Nadia.

'Can you believe it!!?? Pinch me somebody.' Screeched Nuhaa

Me being the good friend I am, pinched her.

'Ouch!!!! What was that for ' she cried in pain while rubbing her arm.

I was about to answer her when I saw my friends with shock written all over their face. I slowly turned around to see what grabbed their attention.

In front stood of me Rameez Ebrahim with my luggage. Ha , thought he was on his knees?

'Try acting as humans , please? You disturbing us all with your screaming.' He said while not taking his eyes of me for even a second.

'Oh shut up Rameez! Give me my bags and get lost? '

Guess what he done? Threw my bags on the floor and turned his back on me.