Chapter Fifty Four

The flight home was one of the worst ç ever. I was panicking, we couldn't phone home and hours felt like days. But the cake always needs icing,right? We had to sit for two hours transit in some random airport. I should have paid more attention in geography.

'Rameez. How long still?' I impatiently asked him.

'Mahdiya. You asked me that 10 times in 5 minutes. We still have a long way to go. Why don't you sleep for a while?'

'I can't Rameez. I don't even know what's happening at home. I'm not at ease. I hope Attiya is okay.' I replied with tears.

'Mahdiya, crying and panicking is not gonna help,okay? Make duaa for her. Allah is with her.' Rameez replied,as he tried comforting me.

'She will be okay,Meez?'

'In Sha Allah Miss D.'

______________________________________

'Uzair! How is Attiya???' I asked him as soon as I spotted him.

'Still in coma D.' He replied as he tried to keep his eyes open.

He and Maseeha both looked as if they hadn't slept for days.

'Any improvement?'

'Nothing Mads. The doctors are not even saying anything.' Maseeha replied.

'And the baby?' Rameez asked.

'Alhamdullilah. She's okay.' Maseeha replied with a smile. 'She's with Imraan right now.'

'Want to go home first or the hospital?' Uzair asked as we made our way to his car.

'Hospital.' Rameez and I replied together.

As soon as we reached the hospital I ran in with Maseeha who showed me where Attiya's room was.

Outside her room our parents were seated there along with Ma and daddy.

'Mahdiya!' My mother exclaimed as she pulled me in for a hug.

'Mummy don't cry.Attiya will be okay In Sha Allah.' I replied as tears rolled down my cheeks.

'In Sha Allah she will dear. Attiya is a strong girl. And all our duas are with her.' Ma said as she wiped my tears away.

'As Salaam Alaikum.' Rameez greeted everyone.

'Rameez! My son.' Ma exclaimed as Rameez hugged her. 'Finally thought about us.' She cried.

'Ma. Don't cry. Everything will be okay.'

'Where's Imraan?' I asked after everyone calmed down.

'His inside with Attiya.' Ma replied as she pointed to the icu.

'Can I go in?' I asked.

'They not allowing anyone in dear. Attiya is still weak, the doctors are afraid she must catch out bacteria. Imraan forces himself in.' My mummy replied.

'And where's the baby?' Rameez asked.

'I will fetch her.' Uzair offered and returned a while later with a tiny baby covered in a pink blanket. He handed her over to me and my happiness know no bounds.

Tears fell down again when she opened her eyes. She was so cute MashaAllah. Before handing her over to Rameez I gave her a kiss on her forehead.

'She looks exactly like Attiya!' Rameez exclaimed with a smile.

'Are we allowed to take her home?' I whispered as she closed her eyes.

'I think we can?' Ma asked as she looked around.

After the doctor done her routine check up we were allowed to take the baby home. We waited a while more for Imraan but he hadn't come out. We tried calling him but he was in another world.

------------------------------------------------------------

'Maseeha, look how she's smiling at me.' Salma said with a smile.

'Don't need to be so happy. She smiles at everyone.' Moosa replied.

'But her smile for me is different. See it reaches her eyes.' Salma fought back and little Raeesa began to cry indicating that she was hungry.

We had to name the baby and ma sajd Attiya really liked the name Raeesa .

'Mahdiya, you can now so your job.' Salma said as she handed Raeesa over to me.

'Can I feed her?' Maseeha asked with a small smile.

I nodded and she carefully took the baby from me.

I felt her sorry. She really did regret not spending enough time with little Nuha who was now a big girl. Although Nuha was her daughter, Nuha was told that Aunty Rookaya was her mother hence her being Maseeha's little sister.

After giving Maseeha the babies bottle I made my way to Rameez who just spoke to Imraan on the phone.

'What he said?' I asked, slightly disappointed as I knew what the answer was.

'Nothing new Mahdiya.' Rameez replied with a yawn.

Imraan spent all his time in the hospital so Rameez had to his share of work which really got the better of him.

'When will just change into good news? It's been two month's Meez.' I replied with tears.

'I don't know Mahdiya, I really don't.'

'Raeesa needs her parents Meez. She's too small to go through all this.'

'I know but all we can do is make duaa and look after their little princess.' Rameez replied with a small smile.

As I looked at Maseeha feed Raeesa I couldn't help but imagine Attiya in her place. Attiya was so excited when she found out she was pregnant. She couldn't wait to live this moment.

That night as the past two months we went to bed with the hope that tomorrow morning will be better.

The next morning we after breakfast we were in for a surprise. The Dubai gang were here to visit us.

'As Salaam Alaikum!' I excitingly greeted them.

I really did miss Tasneem and her words of wisdom.

'Wa'alaikum Salaam. How are you Habibiti?'

'Alhamdullilah and you? How did they allow you travel in this condition?' I asked, pointing to her stomach.

'Alhamdullilah. Still got a few good months to go so I was allowed to travel but I must take precautions.' She replied as she put her hand on her stomach.

After introducing everyone we left for the hospital. It was quiet a bit of us since we were only allowed twice a week to see her.

As we walked towards Attiya's ward we were in for a shock. Her doctor and a few nurses were running towards her room with a historical Imraan behind them.

Rameez and Moosa ran forward to hold Imraan while the doctor entered her room and closed the door behind her.

'What's wrong? Is Attiya okay?' I asked, afraid of the answer.

'Sh...She stopped breathing.'

Not the longest of posts but this was needed. 6 more chapters till we reach the end In Sha Allah. If time permits I will post tomorrow morning again In Sha Allah.