Chapter Thirty Two

'Mahdiya bring the savouries outside! Everyone is here!' My mother scream from outside.

It's been two days since we returned from our camp and from the moment we step in our houses we have been given some work or the other. The wedding atmosphere was starting to sit in as all the guests arrived. Even with all the fun we could feel the tension. We could all see that my mum was stressed. She wanted everything to be perfect and in the processes she was frustrating everyone around her. Yesterday she had a fight with my father because she wanted the caterers to be from out of town. Apparently local was too mainstream.

Attiya was pretty chilled about everything! She just smiled and agreed to whatever anyone said. I think it's because she and Imraan are getting married after ages and all she wants is to be with him...she doesn't care whether the flowers should be purple or pink.

One of the reasons I didn't want Rameez to tell anyone about us. We can have our 'wedding' after Attiya and Imraan. I know if we tell now about our decision of being together ...all the attention is going to be on us and I don't want that. Imraan and Attiya deserve better...

I quickly put all the savouries on the plate and made my way outside. Today was the mendhi and a few aunties arrived earlier so they can get their mendhi done first...

As I began to serve the savouries Salma walked by and took a samoosa. She looked at me and gave me a wink before going back to her seat. I smiled at her and went over to greet Aunty Kulsum.

As I made my way to her I noticed Rameez standing next to her. What was he doing here? I thought no men were allowed...

'As Salaam alaikum' I greeted as I gave her a hug.

'Wa'alaikum Salaam ma...how are you?' She asked me smiling.

'Alhamdullilah and you?' I replied.

'Alhamdullilah....you looking very beautiful today!' She said.

I smiled in return and turned to look at Rameez who was frowning and looking down.

As Aunty Kulsum made her way over to my mother.... I took a step closer to Rameez.

'Hiii' I greeted with a smile.

Rameez looked up at me and walked away causing my smile to fade away.

I sighed before catching up to him. Rameez was angry at me and I hated the fact that he didn't understand me.

He wanted to come and talk to my parents that night we returned but I refused...telling him to wait until Imraan and Attiya were married but Mr Moody would just not understand.

'Rameez!' I scream behind him.

To my dismay he carried on walking and as I was about to catch up with him some aunty called me help her with the decorations.

'Not now!!!' I said to myself as I made my way to help her. I tried listening to what she was saying but I just couldn't. I was distracted by Rameez who was smiling and talking to my cousins. Those cousins who found him hot!!! He knew I hated it yet he was still talking to them.

He was trying to make me jealous so I give in! There was no way I was going to give in. Rameez can't always have his way. He has to understand! Gosh I felt like his mother...he is so childish.

'Jazak'Allahu Khairan for helping me my dear' the aunty said as she gave me a kiss on my forehead.

'Both your daughter's are so beautiful!' I heard Aunty Farzaana say to my mother as I made my way over to her.

'Now it's time to get Mahdiya married also.' She said and I froze in my spot.

'I told my son about her and he wants to see her!' She went on saying and my mother forced out a smile.

I looked at Rameez who was standing close by. He had an angry look on and was clenching his fists. He eyes met mine and he shook his head as he walked away from us.

I quickly ran behind as he made his way to his car.

'Rameez! Stop!' I scream.

He turned around to face me and asked 'What?'

'Why you leaving?' I asked!

'Just!' He answered as he turned his back on me.

I took a few steps closer to him. 'Please stay...' I pleaded.

'For what?' He asked as he gave a small laugh as he went on 'To see all the aunties trying to set my wife up with their sons?'

'Rameez! Come on man! It's not like I'm gonna marry them!' I replied.

'You don't understand Mahdiya!' He whispered.

'Understand what?' I asked him with a frown.

'The pain of loosing a loved one!' He answered with sadness evident in his eyes.

I felt tears forming in my eyes as I took his hands in mines 'you won't loose me Rameez...I promise!' I said with a small smile.

'You got to understand Meez! These few months all the attention has been on us. Attiya and Imraan have waited this moment all their life. We can't be selfish and think about ourselves only...we have to think about them as well. They deserve this much Meez! It's only for a week...after that all these aunties, forget them the whole world will come to know that Mahdiya only belongs to Rameez and Rameez only belongs to Mahdiya!' I said with a smile and Rameez looked back at me with a smile.

'You right Miss D! I'm sorry...I overreacted for nothing!' He replied as he pulled me in for a hug.

'Aaaaah! I promise I didn't see anything!' Maseeha scream while covering her eyes and we pulled apart.

'Not Maseeha again!' Rameez mumbled to himself and I smiled.

'What you here for?' Maseeha asked Rameez with a raised eyebrow.

Rameez turned around to face me , ignoring Maseeha as he said 'go...Maseeha is here for you!'

I gave him a small smile as I allowed Maseeha to pull me along.

'See you tonight!' We heard Rameez scream. As I turned around to ask what he meant he was already in his car driving away.

'Mr Romeo!' Maseeha said as she laughed!

'He must be hating me! I'm always taking you away from him!'

'Yeah...he calls you a cow!' I said as I bit my lip to prevent me from laughing.

'He ...what?' She asked me.

'I will forward you the video!'

Maseeha stopped walking and turned to face me. 'I don't know why but I'm having fun troubling Rameez! You know what Mads ...tonight you coming to stay by me!' She said with an evil grin.

I looked at her with shock! 'Nooooo Mas!'

'Yessssss Mads!' She said mocking me as she walked over to Salma.

Why was I always in the middle? I wonder what she has in mind...but troubling Rameez?