Chapter Forty Six

In the next five minutes we were on our way to Fatima. I regretted not listening to Rameez. I should have had breakfast first.

'Hey Meeeeez! Please stop here.' I said as I pointed to the coffee shop .'

'What happened to having breakfast at Fatima's house?' He asked me while raising his eyebrow.

'We won't get strawberry cheesecake there and I want cheesecake now.' I said as I gave him a sad look.

'Don't do that. I can't say no to that face of yours.' Rameez replied as he tried to find a parking.

'Well look on the bright side, it's a date okay? My treat.'

'Your treat? Where's your handbag, sweetheart? Rameez asked me with a smirk and I mentally slapped myself.

Way to go Mahdiya.

'What I meant to say was that my adorable husband will pay.' I replied as I pinched his cheek.

'Your treat but I must pay?' He asked me with a grin.

'There's no you and I in us Rameez.'I replied with a smile and Rameez shook his head while laughing.

As we entered the coffee shop we were met with a strong aroma. Aaah this was pure bliss.

It was quiet early so the coffee shop was not really busy. There was a few collage students and some early morning joggers who just come here to relax. This was my favourite coffee shop because of the little book store they had in the corner.
While sipping on your steaming hot coffee you could read any one of your favourite books.

Whenever I wanted to be alone I would come sit here for hours. I never really really brought anyone here as I considered it as my hide out. But with Rameez everything was different. Whenever we were together it felt as if we were in our own world. It was just us. He was my hide out.

'Hello Mahdiya dear!' Aunty Maria greeted me with a smile as she came of over to give me a hug.

'Hello Aunty Maria,how are you?' I asked her.

'Can't complain dear, how about you?'

'I'm doing good.'

'I see you brought a friend with?' She asked me with a teasing grin.

'Oh no!' I replied with a blush. 'This is Rameez, my husband.'

'Aaah congratulations my darling. Quite handsome my son.' She said with a smile as Rameez politely greeted her.

'Is this the idiot that stole your heart? Aunty Maria whispered loud enough for Rameez to hear.

I looked down with embarrassment as I remembered her once asking me why I was upset. (I had a fight with Rameez that day). And my reply was "because of a idiot that stole my heart."

I could feel Rameez smiling besides me.

'Oh dear don't be shy dear!' She said with a laugh before leading us to my regular table. A table in corner away from all the buzz.

As we took our seats I quickly averted my gaze to the menu. Even tho I knew the menu of by heart. I couldn't face Rameez after him knowing that I loved him way before our New York incidents.

'Miss D?'

'Hmmm?' I replied as I pretended to be busy reading the menu.

'Won't you look at the idiot who stole your heart?' He asked as he pulled the menu from my hand.

'Not funny Meez!' I replied as I pulled the menu back. 'It wasn't you Aunty Maria was talking about...'

'Yeah sure...that's why your face went as red as a tomato.' He replied with a smirk.