Chapter Twenty Two

Two months later

Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different? -A qoute I once read and couldn't help but notice how ironic it was to my life right now.

Two months later and I still was in the same state Rameez left me- heartbroken. He didn't try to contact me or even give me a chance to speak to him. A week after he threw me out we all started with school again. Exams began and all we saw was our textbooks. Our daily i was home, school, tuition and back home.

It was extremely hard for me to concentrate at first but after seeing Rameez's behaviour I realised my future was way more important than him...for now.

Well for the cow Maseeha and Uz they left for New York a day later. Uz came to greet me and promised to talk some sense in Maseeha. I found it hard to believe Maseeha would do that to me after all we have been through.

I felt sorry for Uzair. Poor guy didn't know where to put his face. I tried explaining him but of no use.

I kept on comforting myself by reciting the Quraan. Somehow I felt at ease evertime I read Surah Ad Duha. The following Ayat always reassured me that my Rabb would never leave me.

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

'And your Lord is going to give you, and you will be satisfied'

He was all I needed.

------------------------------------------------------

' So what you doing this holiday?' Salma asked me as we walked out of Starbucks with our ice-coffee.

I took a sip of my ice-coffee before replying. 'I don't know but Uz and Maseeha are coming over.'

Salma looked at me with worry written all over her face. 'Stay as a from her Mads, okay? I can't believe I'm saying this!

'No Salma! I need to ask why she done what she done. It's about time.'

'And what about Mr cow of a brother?'

'I see I'm rubbing of you,huh?' I replied with a wink.

'Nah! But to be honest he looks like a cow!'

I could help but laugh. Recently eceryobe was a cow for Salma. I should really stop using that word.

' To be honest myself Salma...I don't care about him.He wants to marry Maseeha...do it happily. I will be there to eat the wedding burfee.'

Salma looked at me as if I grew two heads.'That's all you can think of ,right? We talking about your husband...not some shoe that you gonna allow Maseeha to take.'

'I know! I know! But I'm tired of being insulted Salma. I'm tired of trying to make the relationship work. He needs to put in some effort.' I said with teary eyes.

'And he will...believe me doll.' I immediately recognised this voice and turned around to face.....

Maseeha.

For a second and half I couldn't believe my eyes. After all she done she has the audacity to talk to me?

Salma looked at Maseeha with anger evident on her face. 'Come let's go Mahdiya.' She said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me with her.

'Mads! Just hear me out.' Maseeha pleaded.

I turned around to face her. 'It better be worth it.'

'Mads! Are you ma...' I can't Salma off.

'It's about time. Someday or the other this was going to happen. Why not now?' I said as I looked at Maseeha who stood with a guilty expression.

10 minutes later the two of us with Uzair were seated in Starbucks waiting for Maseeha to explain herself.