Chapter Fifty

Rameez's pov

New Country, New City, New Friends,New responsibilities. Everything was new but memories,they were old. It was hard to adapt to this lifestyle. Everywhere I went, everything I done, all I saw was her. She became my habit and habits were bad. I really did love her but we were to close and I was afraid. Afraid of getting close to her. Everytime I got close to someone, they left me.

'Hey Rameez? We going out. Joining us?' My roommate Bilal asked me as I just closed my Qur'an.

'Yeah sure.' I replied with a shrug.

I was suffocating and after my fight with Miss D, it just got worse. I guess going out for a while would help me calm my nerves down.

'Where we going?' I asked the guys as we all got in Naseem's car.

Naseem lived here in Dubai, Bilal and I met him one day at soccer and from that day we became friends. He had his own house here but most of the time you would find him in the hostel with the rest of us.

'To the mall to grab some pizza. I'm starving.' Umar replied and I couldn't help but not laugh. Umar was exactly like Zain, forever hungry.

As much as I tried joining their conversations, my mind went back to Miss D. It broke me to see her cry like that. I promised I will never let her cry and now she was crying because of me.

'Rameez?'

'Yeah Naseem?'

'You look lost? All is okay?' He asked

'Yeah, all is okay.' I replied.

As much as I tried not to think about her, the more I thought about her. I wanted to be angry with her but I just couldn't. She was responsible for this. She started this. Was it necessary to trust the whole world? What about me? I was doing this for her. I tried finishing a year's work in 6 months for her. All I wanted was her support and trust. I didn't trust Zeenat when she told me that Mahdiya spent most of her time with Uzair. I trusted her. I knew she spent her time with Maseeha and Uzair might have joined in once or twice.

'We here!!!' Umar screeched in excitement. 'I've never been this hungry in my entire life.'

'You said that yesterday.' Waseem teased.

'That's the past. Today is a new day, so new hunger pangs.' Umar replied.

I knew he was a lost case the day I met him.

After ordering our pizza, we took a walk around the mall as Umar and Bilal needed some items.

It felt good to see everyone so relaxed after exams. As much as I tried to fit in, I couldn't. Everything reminded me of her, especially the damn pizza.

'Rameez?'

'Yeah Naseem?' I answered, trying to forget Miss D again...

'What's wrong? You look so lost? And don't deny it. If betting was halaal, i would bet on it. Something is wrong.'
He said as he allowed the rest to walk ahead of us.

When I didn't answer, he asked me...'Had a fight with Miss D?'

'Mahdiya...' I corrected him.

'Maaf,Mahdiya? Had a fight with her?'

'Kind of...' I replied with a shrug.

'Who's fault is it?' He asked me with a raised eyebrow.

'Ours?' I answered.

'So then apologize Rameez. Girls always want the boys to make the first move. Tell her sorry and put an end to your misery.' He adviced and I looked away.