7

fuck I got an idea ok I'm gonna slack on the other one bc everyone likes this one more

It was about eleven pm. I was sitting on the couch across from Dave, our guests were in the kitchen with Krist. I heard one side of the argument between Kurt and Courtney. Divorce court dates, when he's going to see the baby. There was a sad tone in his voice but he was trying to hide it. Not very well. Laughter came from the kitchen and everyone except Kurt was at least content. Dave grabbed the remote and changed it to random cartoons.
"Can we watch something else?" I asked him.
"NO!" He yelled hiding the remote from me.
"DON'T MAKE ME HURT YOU DAVID."
"SHUT UP I WANT TO WATCH THIS!"

Krist walked in with a confused expression.
"What the hell are you doing?" He asked, he was visibly exhausted.
"David here wants to watch children's shows." I whined.
"Ruby, please let him. He's not messing my house up. There's a TV in my bedroom, go watch that if you want."
"Fine!" I acted mad. I walked to the back and into Krist's room. It was dark. I flicked on the light switch. I sat on his bed and found the remote on his nightstand. I turned it on and found the latest episode Friends. I leaned back and watched a marathon, it must have been three hours later when Kurt stumbled in.

"Krist said you were in here." He kind of slurred.
"Kurt are you drunk?" I asked.
"No, why would I be drunk?" He still slurred. The Ramones' 'Pinhead' was playing softly across the wall. He took off his shoes and crawled into bed beside me he laid his head by my shoulder and I reached up and touched his hair. By the next episode he was asleep with his arm over me so I couldn't get up. Krist came in,
"It's like 2 AM why are you still awake?" He asked.
"Insomnia." I sighed.
"Ah, I see. Well the guys have the guest bedroom and I guess Dave and I have the couch." He laughed.
" I can wake Kurt up if you want." I whispered.
"No it's fine, try to get some sleep, ok?" He whispered. He came over and kissed my forehead.
"Goodnight, mom." I jokingly whispered.
"Goodnight, my daughter." He laughed.
"You're dealing with Kurt's hangover." I whispered. He laughed and walked away. Kurt gripped my shirt and whimpered a bit in his sleep. I played with his hair. I shook him a bit,
"Kurty, wake up" I whispered loudly. His eyes opened and he began to cry. I put my hand on the back of his head. He was crying for about ten minutes then I said something
"Nightmare?" I asked.

"Yeah" he said in between shaky breaths.
"Wanna talk about it?" I whispered trying to comfort him.
"I dreamt that Courtney would never let me see my daughter again."
"Kurty, that won't happen. You're a great dad and I'm sure the court will see that. She can't say anything."
"Okay." He whispered and laid his head back down and nuzzled his face into my shoulder.
"Goodnight, Kurty."
"Goodnight, love."