11

Kurt and I had been packing for a few hours.
"I'm exhausted." Kurt sighed shutting a full box.
"Me too, it's only 9."I laughed.
"Let's go to bed, I don't care that it's barely dark. I am worn out." He responded standing up. He reached out his hand and I grabbed it and stood up. I went to my bedroom flopped onto my bed. Kurt took off his jeans and crawled into bed beside me.
"Goodnight."
"mhm" I whispered already half asleep.

I woke up in the middle of the night to Kurt sitting up staring at my door.
"I thought I heard something." He whispered.
"It was probably just the dog, go back to sleep." I whispered back. 
"Can your dog talk?" He whispered seriously.
"Well no, maybe it was the neighbors(or maybe her dog is Scooby Doo)." I sighed.
"I'm gonna go see." He said getting up quietly.
"Kurt just come back to bed." I whispered.
"No it could be an issue." He said looking around my room.
"There's a baseball bat in the corner." I sighed. He found it and picked it up. He opened the door and assessed the situation. My dog wasn't alarmed so I wasn't. He turned on the light to see nothing. He shut it back off and came back to bed.
"You were right." He laughed. He laid back beside me and we fell asleep yet again.

It was light outside but not yet morning. Kurt was sleeping peacefully. I couldn't figure out what had woken me. Then I heard it, conversation from outside the door.
"We shouldn't knock unless we know it's the right door." A loud man said. I shook Kurt and he woke up. I signaled for him to be quiet. He nodded and listened. The other man was quieter, we couldn't understand.
"But it could be where fucking Kurt Cobain is staying." The loud man responded.
"What if we got the wrong address!" The quieter man raised his voice. Kurt got up and put on his jeans.
"I'm going to go see what they want." He whispered. He walked towards the end of my room.
"Wait wait I hear someone inside." The loud man said. He knocked.
"Kurty stay in here. They're looking for you." I said as I got up. He stayed in the door way watching from a a crack in my bedroom door.

I opened the front door to reveal two teenage boys.
"Hey, your Kurt Cobain's new girlfriend they showed in the magazines. Is he here?" He asked politely. Kurt came out from my bedroom. 
"How do you know where I am." Kurt asked angrily.
"Someone we know told us." The quiet boy, now frightened that they had angered Kurt, said.
"Leave us alone. Forget this address. You're lucky we're moving." He said.
"But can we have an autograph?" The loud boy with a whole bunch of nerve asked. 
"You disrupt me at 5 in the morning and expect an autograph, no." He said coming up to me and shutting the door in their face.
"You didn't have to be so mean." I said putting my hand on his back.
"They disrupted my life and invaded my privacy, I'm not going to be okay with that." He said sitting on my couch with his hands in his hair. He was slouched over. I sat by him and held his hand.
"I know." I whispered.
"You know there's something I've been meaning to tell you." He said seriously. Then there were a few knocks at the door. Kurt got up and opened it. It was the kids again. 
"If you don't go away I'm calling the police. "He sounded incredibly angry. They obeyed.

After all that was over Kurt invited me to go back to bed, where we slept for another few hours.