63

We had flown home a few days later. Kurt didn't leave my side once we had gotten home. It was thanksgiving, Kurt wanted to go see his mother. I buckled Bean into her car seat and gently kissed her forehead as I shut the door.
"It makes me so happy to celebrate the deaths of thousands of natives. How us white people decided to just come on in and kill them all. Let's eat dead things to celebrate death." I said as I put my hand on Kurt's leg. He laughed a bit. We listened to college radio and had casual conversation. We drove from Seattle to Olympia in about an hour.

Two different sets of lipstick stained lips touched the baby's forehead, and one to Kurt's. Kim and Wendy were cooking and keeping the baby occupied. Kurt and I sat on the couch flipping through channels. Kim came in and sat between Kurt and I. She stole the remote from her brother and changed the channel to football.
"For the last time Kimberly!" Kurt sighed.
"I'm gay! I don't give a fuck about football." Kurt laughed, Kim laughed too.
"Inside joke." She said as she put her hand on my shoulder.
"Well I am gay! I like football!" She giggled. I was glad we hadn't told anyone but River about the baby in the first place, Kurt's mother would be devastated at losing a grandchild.

Kurt's mother was a sweet woman, she accepted Kim for who she was, unlike her father who disowned her. Her mother's love was unconditional. Bean was being held by Kurt's mother as she added finishing touches to her dinner.

We sat around the table eating and having light conversation. After we had finished eating we were sitting in the living room watching tv. I was holding bean to my chest, as she was getting tired and cried when anyone but Kurt and I held her. Bean gurgled and made silly noises. She seemed very happy, yet very tired. She strung together random syllables to show off for her grandmother. It was then about nine and we still had to drive an hour to go home. Bean got two more kisses and I got hugged to death.
"Bye!" Wendy said to her son and I. I waved as we put Bean in her car seat. We got in our car and drove back home.

Kurt had been less affectionate. We slept further apart than we had ever before. I wanted to change that. He was laying on his back with a book resting on his chest, he flipped a page every few minutes. I rolled over so I was closer to him and laid my head on his shoulder.
"Hey baby." He said as he put the back of his hand on my head so he could kiss my forehead. I stayed silent. I shut my eyes and sighed. He shut his book and placed it on the table, he then turned off the lamp and sunk into bed with me.