47

Kurt and I were never the type to party. When invited we always stayed home. Having a baby was a great excuse to get out of them. Except this time Courtney had the baby.
"Dave invited us to a Halloween party." He said.
"Shit." I said.
"We haven't ever been out like that." He said.
"I don't like parties." I sighed. He nodded in agreement.
"What do we do?" I asked.
"Go I guess." He said.

The past summer had been eternity for me. More had happened in my life in those 3 months than the first 25 years. Kurt laid down beside me in bed as I was thinking. He curled up with a book and we sat in silence. I rolled over so my back was turned to him and slowly but surely fell asleep.

"Maybe you're too fat." I said as I tried to push up the zipper.
"Fat?!" He asked, fake offended.
"Maybe you're just too small." He said.
"Kurt this is not going to work." I laughed. He laughed too.
"We have to do something." He said. He turned around. You could hardly tell that the back wasn't zipped. He was wearing one of my dresses.
"I just don't know why you insisted on being a girl." I laughed at him.
"You should just be Mark Arm." I said.
"I already am borderline Mark Arm." He laughed.
"Exactly. Zero effort." I said.
"What are you going to be?" He asked.
"I've got weird wings you wore at a show once. I'll be a fairy," I laughed. He smiled. I went to find the wings. It wasn't hard, they were in his closet, hung like they were his Sunday best. Kurt's clothes were usually sprawled out across the floor like him. Kurt changed back into his normal attire.
"Mark Arm it is." He laughed. I got dressed in the wings and a regular dress.
"How majestic." Kurt said as he kissed my forehead. We sat in the car for a bit driving until we arrived at Dave's house. Kurt held my hand as soon as we got out. The music was loud. There were cars outside, none of them would be used with the amount of alcohol present. We opened the door to see the regular party scene. Kurt held onto my hand for dear life.
"Let's find Dave." I said into his ear. The girls were dressed in next to nothing. And the guys were taking advantage of that. We made our home in the sweaty early 20's bodies and found Dave in the kitchen.
"Hey guys." He said. He looked at Kurt.
"Let me guess, yourself. " he said pointing at Kurt.
"I guess." Kurt laughed.
"And you're either tinker bell or yourself." He said as he hugged me.
"I am me! But magical." I smiled. Dave was already drunk. We walked into the living room and sat on the couch.
"I'm gonna go get a drink. Want anything?" He asked. I shook my head.
"Be safe." I said. A guy with green hair and a Rammstein shirt sat down beside me.
"I love being in a room with drunken idiots." He smiled.
"Me too. They just act so dumb." I agreed.
"I'm Jeremy." He said as he held out his hand for me to shake. I shook it.
"My names Ruby." I said.
"Why are you here?" He asked.
"My husband's bandmate is the owner of this house. And he had to invite us." I said.
"Oh sweet. You're Kurt Cobain's girl." He said. He took a drink of his beer.
"Yeah." I said. We stayed quiet and watched the strange antics of drunk people until Kurt came back.

"Who's this?" He asked as he sat on the other side of me and put his arm around me.
"Jeremy." The guy said and stuck out his hand.
"I'm Kurt." He said as he smiled and shook it. Kurt had a cup. He nudged it over to me. I thought for a moment but decided against it. The first time Kurt had met a new friend of mine and not gotten jealous. It was obviously the vodka talking, not Kurt. I laid my head on his chest.
"Hey I'm gonna go. " the guy said. I grabbed a piece of paper from the table and found a pen.  I wrote down our phone number.
"Call any time." I said and smiled. He nodded. He gave me a side hug before he walked away.