59

I was about to knock on River's door, but then I heard a man's voice that I didn't recognize speak. Then I heard them walking towards the door. I bolted and ran to the part of the hallway where it cornered, and I hid covered by the corner. I saw River and then another man come out.
"Thanks man." I heard River say. The door shut again. I walked out and knocked.
"Fuck." I heard him say quietly. Then I heard a drawer slam and then he came to the door. 
"Tell me what that meant." I said.

"I won't be mad, you're all I have left." I added. He pulled out a bag of white powder.
He pulled a dollar bill out of his pocket and then a razor blade from the bedside table.
"Want a line?" He asked. I shook my head.
"Can I tell you something?" I said.
"Of course." He said as he sorted the white powder into a line.
"Kurt got me pregnant." I said. He shook his head.
"No..." He said. I nodded.
"Really." I said. He put his hand on my stomach and felt the heartbeat. He smiled. He put the coke back in the bag and put it away.
"If Kurt's not going to be a faithful husband, I don't expect him to be a very active father." He said laying back.

I nodded and laid back with him. He grabbed my hand.
"Are you going to take him back?" He asked.
"For the sake of our kid? Probably." I said.
"I won't ever trust him again." I said quietly. River nodded. He wrapped a protective arm around me.
"The way I said I feel about you still stands." He said.
"I'd do anything for you. If when that baby is born and you need help, I will move to Seattle and pause my acting career to help you." He said. I buried my face into his chest and began crying. He held me close to his chest.
"Don't cry, it's bad for the baby." He sighed. He started humming Hey Jude, which made me even sadder. I thought back to Kurt and I's second encounter that past August. It made me cry harder. Eventually I wore myself out and fell asleep on River's chest.