70

I brought Frances into the house as i unlocked the door. I carried her up the stairs and placed her into her crib for a nap.  I quietly opened the door to our bedroom. Krist was sitting at the edge of the bed. Kurt was curled up, vulnerable. He was skinny, to the point that it was scary.
"You can leave." I said to Krist. The tall man got up and pulled me into him, my head dug into his chest.
"Take care of my best friend okay?" He said. I nodded. He went out our bedroom door and outside.

I heard the front door shut through the turn of the century, eerily empty, mansion. I sat where Krist was sitting. I took my shoes off and then laid beside Kurt. He threw himself into my grasp instantly. Inside it was cold, November had turned to December, it was near the time where it was going to start snowing. Kurt cried into my chest, holding onto me for dear life.
"You didn't leave me." He said, he was shaking.
"Kurt why are you so worked up?" I asked.
"I thought you didn't love me anymore." He sobbed into my chest.
"I drove an hour back here from Kathleen Hanna's house because Krist was worried about you. I don't not care." I said. He sniffled a bit as he calmed down.
"Can you drive me to rehab tonight?" He asked me. I nodded.
"Can you get bean?" He asked. I smiled a bit and got up. I grabbed a sleepy bean out of her crib and brought her back to Kurt's bed. I curled up with my head on his chest and her in between us.

"Kurt when was the last time you ate?" I asked. He shrugged a bit.
"I'm taking you to dinner before rehab."I said.
"You don't have to do that." He said.
"Kurty I love you and I need to know that you're eating." I sighed.
"And I can't make sure you eat while you're there, so I have to trust you to take care of yourself." I said. Bean grabbed at Kurt's hand and he held it. He was shaking. His hands were shaking. I smiled a bit.
"You're having withdrawals." I smiled. He nodded.
"Not good that you have to go through that, but I am so happy that you're not on that shit." I smiled. I covered him up with a blanket in hopes to make him warm again. My cheeks hurt from being so fucking happy.

Is hating vegemite like some sort of running joke of the internet that I have not yet been let in on? I love vegemite fuck the Internet.