80

"Today you can go home!" The loud nurse smiled she unhooked me from my machines. She held my hand as I got up, I hadn't stood in a week, I felt as though I was a baby deer, clumsy. She held onto my arm as I gained my balance. Billie Joe strode in, his small frame standing within the door. His eyes sunk beneath his pale skin, dark circles surrounded his bright green eyes. His dark hair was dyed bleach blond. He handed me what I assumed to be my clothing. Or his, or Kurt's. I couldn't tell. I didn't mind. I shakily walked to the bathroom, I shut the door and turned on the light. The walls were tiled light blue with photos of flowers hung with screws driven into the paper thin walls. The shirt was a band I didn't recognize, one I didn't know. I threw it over me after I had undone the hospital gown, it wasn't Kurt's, it didn't smell like smoke. I pulled the jeans over my legs, buttoned at my hips. They were a bit loose but not to the point that it was uncomfortable. I was then convinced that they were Billie Joe's, as Kurt wore his jeans three sizes too big for himself. I opened the bathroom door and turned off the light. Billie was sitting in the chair beside the bed.
"I hope you don't mind that they're mine. I had my bag in the car so we didn't have to go anywhere." He said.
"No it's fine." I smiled. He stood up.
"You ready to see everyone?" He asked. I let out a sharp breath and took in the white walls of the room in which I had spent the past week in. The rustled bedsheets, the warm demeanor of Billie Joe. He smiled, his teeth crooked.

My dream came flooding back to me, Corin's crooked teeth, her words about guys. I bit the inside of my cheek. He opened the heavy hospital door and revealed a hall full of people.

There were so many smiling faces, I assumed that the sky could split open and alien rays would pick us up and take us into the heavens. Kurt, Krist Dave, the baby. I got more and more surprised as I looked at the faces of the being's in the chairs.

River, Courtney, Billy Corgan,

Corin's mother.

They all smiled uncomfortably, not knowing what to say to me after the attempt. Life didn't go on as it did when it happened with Kurt. No, life would take some getting used to. Life would take some rearranging and life would be rough. Corin's mother rushed over to me, her arms wrapped around me pulling me into her perfumed grasp. Her dark brown eyes dug into mine.
"Every time I see you I see another thing my baby loves." She said as gently tears ran down her face, her mascara running as she wiped her cheeks with her sleeve.